• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a page preloader in Muse. Widgets are inaccurate.

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we have a true preloader for a webpage.

I tried some widget preloaders. But they dont work. They show the content half loaded in the screen even while the preloader is running. Sometimes the preloader widget just does its thing for few seconds and vanishes while the page is still loading, then later the page appears.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there´s no good way as I experienced, why I dropped the idea of preloaders. You would need that only, if content loads slow in the background anyway, right? Coders amongst Musers never stopped of blaming Muse for producing heavy code (whatever that means), so that might be a reason why preloaders do not work well - that´s why I kept with not needing any preloaders at all and done good so far.

You may give it a try with one from muse-themes:

https://www.muse-themes.com/collections/adobe-muse-widgets/products/page-preloaders?view=preview

… but let me add, that Muse is under EOL by March this year. So if you are not a muse-themes-member anyway I highly recommend to either calculate if it is worth the $9,99 or use another web app.

Depending on the progress of your website that needs a preloader - a almost finished website, exported as html looks pretty well (in all of my cases at least) in pinegrow. BUT, for pinegrow there´s of course quite a learning curve to proceed and finalize the website.

Let me also add a workaround: Not knowing for what purpose you need a preloader - take a look at this:

https://www.muse-themes.com/products/scroll-reveal

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preloaders are a waste of time.  An optimized site on a fast server doesn't need preloaders.  See link below.

Site Performance Testing

https://gtmetrix.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines