• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a pup up box on a specific word of a text?

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I want to show a pop up window when the mouse rollover a specific word on a text to give more information about that term similar to what wikipedia does here:Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 09.44.24.png

So I figured out that I can add a tooltip composition or other composition, place the trigger over the word I want, and remove the fill and stroke, like this:

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 09.59.00.png

but then when I go the preview the text has moved so now the trigger is not on the word that I want

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 09.59.14.png

Is there a way to fix the text or to keep the trigger aligned withe the text when it moves?

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

No, this doesn’t work in this situation.

The only alternativ, I see, is looking for a 3rd party widget simillar to this one: https://www.muse-themes.com/collections/adobe-muse-widgets/products/pop-up-windows

One more solution would be, to place this text as an HTML object:

<a href="javascript:void( window.open('http://adobe.com', 'blank','scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,width=700,height=500'))">I am a popup window!</a>

In this case, you have to configure the text size, as you always do, and linkt to an a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only placing a composition onto the text can‘t work for many reasons. For example, if you resize the window the text flows differently and the composition trigger isn‘t at its correct place any longer.

It only works, when pasting the composition (with the lightbox hidden) inline into the text  box — just like pasting some text into it. Because of a glitch in actual versions of Muse, this only works with fixed width text boxes. Just have a look at this example .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e36abs4z64yks57/Text.Popup.zip?dl=0

Perhaps you’d like to try this much simpler solution:

• Select a word/some words of your text.
  • Open the „Hyperlinks“ menu in Muse’s upper control bar and fill in:
  • javascript:alert("I am an alert box!");

You may refine this approach by using parameters like

\n“ for line break:

javascript:alert("I am an alert box!\nDo you believe?");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Günter.

I see what you did pasting the composition in the text, this could be the solution but the problem is that I think this only work with lighbox right? and I don't want to shadow the background I just want a pop up window to appear when the mouse rollover the text.

The javascript alert could be a solution but it s not what I wish to accomplish, is there a way to make this a rollover and also not to shadow the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could go with the Lightbox if it had the option to show the target at rollover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making the Lightbox fill to 0 works! but there is still no way to make a Lightbox appears at rollover right ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this doesn’t work in this situation.

The only alternativ, I see, is looking for a 3rd party widget simillar to this one: https://www.muse-themes.com/collections/adobe-muse-widgets/products/pop-up-windows

One more solution would be, to place this text as an HTML object:

<a href="javascript:void( window.open('http://adobe.com', 'blank','scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,width=700,height=500'))">I am a popup window!</a>

In this case, you have to configure the text size, as you always do, and linkt to an appropriate page or your site (which you may exclude from all menus).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It could be a very good feature. Please work on it, in 2018 we need functionalities like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines