• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Open Website Created With Muse

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a website that was created in Adobe Muse but, unfortunately, the web designer abandoned the work before it was complete.  I used ftp to download the site to my local computer and downloaded the free trial for Muse but can't seem to open the site from there.  I can open it from Adobe inbrowser editing but would like to be able to edit locally rather than live.  What am I missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Without the .muse file you cannot do anything with your html in muse. You may need an html editor and do the coding stuff or try to get the original muse file from the designer.

Otherwise you can only try to recreate the file from scratch by watching the website.

Be aware that Muse is under EOL and that it might happen in the future (not the near future but not too far away future), that your system or browsers or even web standards do not fit to MUSE anymore. This might happen way after 2020.

Mean

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the .muse file you cannot do anything with your html in muse. You may need an html editor and do the coding stuff or try to get the original muse file from the designer.

Otherwise you can only try to recreate the file from scratch by watching the website.

Be aware that Muse is under EOL and that it might happen in the future (not the near future but not too far away future), that your system or browsers or even web standards do not fit to MUSE anymore. This might happen way after 2020.

Meaning, if it is a "small" website, go for it, if it is a bigger website with lots of pages …

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Native HTML, CSS and JavaScript files can be opened in any decent code editor like Dreamweaver, Brackets, Pinegrow, Atom, Sublime Text, VS Code, Notepad+ and others. 

Happy Coding!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Nancy, Uwe already mentioned, that „you may need an html editor“. Why doubling his statement? Are you paid for the amount of posts or are you trying to freeze us out of this forum by drowning us in ever-same contributions?    

But never mind: I am not far away from leaving this forum, not because of its members, but in consequence of these everlasting and never ending deja vus. As someone, who assisted hundreds and hundreds of Muse users, I am really fed up, reading in every second post the same mantras. Wouldn’t it be simpler, to create a corresponding document, and link to it instead of repeating always the same statements – which, by the way, are of quite limited benefit for most users here – especially, because we know, that you are definitely completely unexperienced in using Muse.

No need to answer, I won’t too and: „Happy coding!“ (in the Dreamweaver“ forum …)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I failed to give the secret handshake to this exclusive club of yours .

I named  several code editors for the OP to try -- some free, some paid.   Uwe didn't name one.. 

If the OP can't work with code, the other option is to rebuild the site with whatever web authoring tool they prefer.   Maybe you could make a few constructive suggestions on that topic instead of critiquing everything I say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

if you name DW you should be fair that this might maybe be as well under EOL pretty soon (mentioned in this forum recently).

Also the tutorials for DW are sad, frankly speaking – no muse user without proper coding skills will understand any of them.,

Yes, I didn`t mention any, because this won`t help in this case, as there´s already a website, done with muse.

From the OP we know that they are not webdesigners but clients of a designer, so what should they start to code websites?

The most easiest way would be, of course, to get the original muse file from the designer.

If you were a muse user you would understand much better, why Günter Heißenbüttel​  is "grumbling".

He is not alone, as you know from my side.

Although MUSE is under EOL it could be used for easy websites for quite a long time, though.

You should respect that.

BTW, ALWAYS if I see, there´s a new muse user, i mention that MUSE is under EOL and to look for another app.

In this case, the website is already finished and published.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  wrote

In this case, the website is already finished and published.

Read the OP's post again.  The site was abandoned before it was completed.   If the designer didn't provide client with a MU data file, this project is pretty much over unless the client or a staff member can work with the native code.   We don't know the answer to either question.

if you name DW you should be fair that this might maybe be as well under EOL pretty soon (mentioned in this forum recently).

I don't know  which post you're referring to.   According to Preran, Adobe has no plans to end DW development.   Unless I see an official announcement to the contrary, I will continue to mention DW because it is, as of this writing, the  only code editor in Adobe's product line.

Although MUSE is under EOL it could be used for easy websites for quite a long time, though.

You should respect that.

If people want to keep using Muse, that is their choice.  But I cannot in good conscience recommend  starting new projects with Muse because it has no future.  That's not being disrespectful.  That's the honest truth.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  wrote

Yes, Nancy, Uwe already mentioned, that „you may need an html editor“. Why doubling his statement? Are you paid for the amount of posts or are you trying to freeze us out of this forum by drowning us in ever-same contributions?    

But never mind: I am not far away from leaving this forum, not because of its members, but in consequence of these everlasting and never ending deja vus. As someone, who assisted hundreds and hundreds of Muse users, I am really fed up, reading in every second post the same mantras. Wouldn’t it be simpler, to create a corresponding document, and link to it instead of repeating always the same statements – which, by the way, are of quite limited benefit for most users here – especially, because we know, that you are definitely completely unexperienced in using Muse.

No need to answer, I won’t too and: „Happy coding!“ (in the Dreamweaver“ forum …)

You should visit the Dw forum sometime.

All that happens there is disagreements, posts that promote or disagree with bootstrap use, and now we have, (it seems like) every other discussion with posts saying how good a certain extension developers products are.

One thing you will find that has very few posts about, is coding.

The best thing I ever did was to leave the ACP program, at least I no longer feel obliged to support Adobes products, (not that I really did so, anyway). After all what is to support in a program that is now made up of 90% free open source products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ve noticed over the last couple of days that Muse was removed from the Product menu dropdown at the top of the forum. Muse still appeared in the list of that dropdown just a few days ago. They seem to be slowly removing Muse from peoples consciousness along the way. Perhaps Adobe themselves are also growing tired of this forum, discussions and people not moving on. :—)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines