• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to position images in slideshow using 'Stretch to Browser Width" and "Fill Frame Proportionally?"

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

garagedoor.pngIn the picture I posted, I want to be able to move individual pictures up more to make the garage door the focal point. There are other pictures in the slideshow that only show the top of the house, but if I can reposition the view point the picture would be fine.

Is there any way to reposition the picture without moving the slideshow position?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

In this case, images can’t be repositioned within their containers. If a slideshow hero is set to browser width, it doesn’t scale proportionally any more, but exclusively in width. Therefore, the image (if set to Fill(!) Frame Proportionally“) needs „room“, to do, what is expected (= to fill the frame), when the browser window is minimised. The system of "reference points“, as used by the „Fill“ command isn’t implemented in standard image frames.

Solution: Crop your image in Photoshop to a aspect

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ex1.pngex2.png

Another example, the top is how it looks in muse, the bottom is how I would like it to look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case, images can’t be repositioned within their containers. If a slideshow hero is set to browser width, it doesn’t scale proportionally any more, but exclusively in width. Therefore, the image (if set to Fill(!) Frame Proportionally“) needs „room“, to do, what is expected (= to fill the frame), when the browser window is minimised. The system of "reference points“, as used by the „Fill“ command isn’t implemented in standard image frames.

Solution: Crop your image in Photoshop to a aspect ration, which fits your needs, before placing them in a slideshow. (This, by the way,  is best practice in any situation, when placing images.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines