• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to properly embed a video to a Muse Website?

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I created a website in the latest version of Muse (it was started in an older version but Muse updated twice before it was ready to publish), it seems to have a lot of issues at the moment. aerialvisionspro.com

The current problem I'm trying to solve is finding the best way to embed a .mp4 video on to the website, what I have currently have on there makes the page not want to load, it has to be refreshed several times to show up, please see link below:

TELECOMMUNICATIONS TOWER INSPECTIONS | Aerial Visions Pro

I added it in by inserting the following html:

<video width="320" height="240" controls>

<source src="assets/cellularvideo.mp4"/>

</video>

I'm very inexperienced when it comes to code and web development in general (this is a favor for a family member and my first time building a site), so any expert advice is much appreciated!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the solutions in these posts and let us know if they helped?

How do I embed an mp4 video into my muse website.

Adding .MP4 videos to Muse WITHOUT using widgets or code

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page still does not want to load right away it delays several times before showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the site work fine without the embedded video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are you following the instructions in this article? Embed videos and other HTML content in Adobe Muse

What's the size of your video file?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your tips Preran, after reading a few different articles I found our problem actually has something to do with issues with mine and my client's caches not clearing properly. Also all of a sudden today every page opened great on my end, does the site show up well when you view it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talking from Germany, the sites works perfect.

I recommend for just a little more professional approach to align some of the images, so that the horizontal is exactly horizontal:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-12 um 11.19.35.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-12 um 11.20.58.png

This should be done quite easy in PS or similar app.

In first screenshot, I also, for the same reason, suggest to have all pictures the same aspect-ratio.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input, yes I struggle with the alignment issue, it shows everything center aligned in Muse but gets all over the place once published, what is PS or similar app? I'm not familiar with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, what do you suggest as a good max size for web images? and videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ashleyp34931626  schrieb

Thank you for your input, yes I struggle with the alignment issue, it shows everything center aligned in Muse but gets all over the place once published, what is PS or similar app? I'm not familiar with that.

I was more talking about the alignment of images itself, so that the horizon of the image appears horizontal.

The camera/drone wasn´t aligned in the air so you have to do the work afterwards.

Size of the images is quite OK.

You may watch the guides in my screenshot:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-19 um 10.10.48.png

Before and After:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-19 um 10.04.45 Kopie.png

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a little slow here but much better than previous. I suggest checking the size of the images on  your site and see if you can further reduce their size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines