• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove hyperlinks from the dropdown menu on the top

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked all the solutions on the web and here, but they were from many back versions of Muse. The recent version of Muse does not show a delete option in the hyperlinks section. I have few hyperlinks that I don't use anymore in the control bar called hyperlinks in the top. I can read the list, I can use some of them, but I have a bunch of (old) hyperlinks that I want to delete. They are a distraction and prone to errors. Can you help me? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

a hyperlink is an address like http://example.com ... once you add one of these they are saved to the history forever (or until the Indesign code limit is reached)

you are using page and anchor links... they work different

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the dropdown with the links, and click this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-09 um 21.39.33.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but unfortunately, the x button does not erase (remove) the link. It just clears the window where it is displayed, the hyperlink is still in the list of hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to chose the button with a click – then you see the button and the corresponding link (Unbenannt-4 in my case)

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-09 um 23.50.44.png

Then you don` t watch the dropdown but click into the "x" ( as in my first post) , be aware that the button is still marked.

Then the  next screenshot shows that the link is "unlinked", the button isn`t linked anymore .

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-09 um 23.53.00.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no option to remove a hyperlink from the list... it is there forever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not „forever“. If a certain number is reached, the oldest one is deleted and so on. And what is this number? I don’t know, just try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I able to remove a hyperlink? What are we talking about? A hyperlink that is set manually can be unlinked. What? Is it the 1st of April?

So unlinking is not the big deal, right?

Now to delete hyperlink from the list I set three anchors on another page, linked three buttons to these three anchors:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-10 um 01.17.47.png

If I do now delete the anchor (I did it with "A") this link is also deleted from the list. Maybe only in the south of Germany, but I assume all over the world .

Would be nice, though from bernard andrel66642862​ to make more clear about the issue.

My screenshot now looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-10 um 01.20.44.png

"A" has disappeared. So I guess, to delete an element which has been linked could be deleted from the hyperlionks section.

Over and out from here

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a hyperlink is an address like http://example.com ... once you add one of these they are saved to the history forever (or until the Indesign code limit is reached)

you are using page and anchor links... they work different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assign a web address (not an anchor or a page of your actual document) as a link target to an element, unlink it again and try to delete the address from the hyperlink list, Uwe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess, now we should wait for the thread opener .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines