• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to understand when is the right time to say goodbye to Adobe Muse?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.
I'm a designer.
Since Adobe Muse lets you spend your time and energy on design, instead of coding, I think it was a huge success.

I have super basic coding and web dynamics knowledge.There are many parameters/protocols in web design and I find it a little bit confusing.

Like any other technological platforms, internet is going to get developed more and more. I see the point that some day perhaps Adobe Muse will turn out to be unfunctional.

What I am asking you is that which parameters play the crucial role in this process?

Let me give an example of what I expect as an answer to make it clearerer: "keep an eye on on html technology. when html 6 is on, it is time to move on." or "script technologies..."

I would be utterly grateful to learn what plays the keyrole(s) here.

Wish you creativity and peace.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Bazarov0  schrieb

What I am asking you is that which parameters play the crucial role in this process?

Let me give an example of what I expect as an answer to make it clearerer: "keep an eye on on html technology. when html 6 is on, it is time to move on." or "script technologies..."

Time to move is from now on, I guess but …

It really depends on your status in works, what you have done or doing right now or plan to do (in other words: what you have in queue).

I have done quite a few websites in Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is unlikely to be a html6 for many years, as html5 is considered to be a 'live' specification, meaning that it will constantly change and is not a static specification.

All you can do is watch what is happening in html and css, as much of what css can now do, is not supported by Muse. Currently if you can do a layout in inDesign it can also be done in most browsers, once all browsers support the same css, (MS is planing to move to using the Chromium browser engine, as used in Chrome and Opera) then it becomes a question of what layout and features of html and css you would like to use, that are not supported in Muse.

The problem with waiting until that point, is that you will have a bigger learning curve than if you switch now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bazarov0  wrote

Like any other technological platforms, Internet is going to get developed more and more. I see the point that some day perhaps Adobe Muse will turn out to be unfunctional.

Muse cannot cope with today's web ( i.e. CSS Flexbox, Grids, PHP 7 servers....).  If you build sites for clients, you've already stopped using Muse. You have switched to better software that allows you to do more with native web technologies --  like adding audio or video without having to rely on 3rd party widgets.   You have discovered that good web authoring tools give you an advantage by allowing you to work with native  HTML, CSS and JS files.  As a web designer, you never stand still because the web never stands still.  Unfortunately Muse is dead.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bazarov0  schrieb

Time to move is from now on, I guess but …

It really depends on your status in works, what you have done or doing right now or plan to do (in other words: what you have in queue).

I have done quite a few websites in Muse and they will stay as they are right now, some maintanance will be done by me, by clients.

All of them are quite static sites, no e-commerce stuff. I recently did a website quick and dirty and nice in around 8 hours with Muse.

There´s another client in the line, I will give it a try with some apps out there from wappler to pinegrow or even blocs and Without Code or Webflow. It´s also a question of money from my side (and from clients side, of course), so I keep mostly with the free versions in order to get to know these apps and decide after some experience.

Personally for my experience it is more important to have a nice looking website, well designed (not only nice looking-whatever that means ) than the parameters of CSS, Flexbox, Grids. On my side Muse can cope with that not too bad.

With new sites, depending on how long they should last (not for the rest of life, I guess), I recommend to move on. If you know your Muse pretty well, and need a website fast, keep with Muse. You may see: it´s very individual. If that helps? Up to you!

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the trend in many countries is to limit the internet; emails, banking and data mining have very local laws that you need to be aware of if you take on these jobs

the code itself is made to do a job which means the design works in a special way that is different to how other codes do it... these different approaches are what you have to keep track of more than being an expert on just PhP, Bootstrap or whatever you need at least a basic concept of what Php does different to Bootstrap so you can advise clients which code to use

Php is made for older data types and Bootstrap is really a teaching code i.e, good first code to learn but each has their place and there are more coming out all the time... use the right tool for the right job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you pziecina, Nancy OShea, fotoroeder and Ussnorway for responding.

I marked fotoroeder​'s reply as the answer because it is both explanatory and encouraging (positive). But surely all of yours was helpful.

I guessed the majority of the technologies which Muse included were still valid but sadly I was wrong. I spent my entire previous month learning Muse, made myself a precise third party widget library and so on. That's why I'm going to make 2-3 websites using Muse so that my efforts will be worthwhile.

Then I will switch to Webflow or Bootstrap Studio.

Webflow in my opinion is much more designer-friendly due to its interface and workflow structure. But it is very expensive.
Per month if you subscribe for 1 year:
$16 for 10 websites
$35 for unlimited website building

Bootstrap Studio is less designer-friendly. Thus its open-source structure makes me feel comfortable upcoming upgrades. I have a general opinion that the collaborations who seek the benefit of all as priority are much trustworhy than the ones who seek profit first. Adobe Muse is an obvious example for it. They just left us empty-handed. On the other hand bootstrapping community keeps moving and developing.

$30 for one years update full administration
$60 lifetime full updates

I may get your recommendations if you'd like to contribute.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a closer look at „Wappler“? It is very complete and computer based (not web based): https://wappler.io/index

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you sir. I'm going to give it a try, it looks convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines