Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upload the Site(Muse) when you have a site(DW) there already

Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a website(DW) on server and I have a site to upload it.

Before I'm getting into big mass what is the bast way to upload a file to server.

I tried it after I deleted the index.html file only but Muse ask me for Folder name...stop there

Folder name should be public_html ..?

Bye to Dw and try to use Muse.....waiting big advice pleae

thank you for reading,

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

As I wrote, first empty your ftp-root directory (that´s where the current DW-site is located), if you have a backup, you don´t have to worry about the DW files in to a subfolder on your ftp, of course.

Then you use the command "upload on FTP Host" (screenshot). For this you have to fill in the credentials as necessary.

If you get asked for a folder, use it (although I wonder, why you get asked for a folder?).

Enjoy it

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you right, you should save/move your DW-Site completely to a folder on your ftp with the index html. You may have to create a subfolder – you may call it "old-site".

Now your root directory (in some cases it is called "htaccess" or whatever, sometimes there´s no extra name for it) should be quite empty. Now you publish your site to ftp out of the muse menu.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-04 um 21.54.36.png

Iy you are finished with the muse this should be fine now.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

Can I just delete all the file on server and upload it?

I do have all the file with DW so in case I could upload it again....Little afraid to do this with Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote, first empty your ftp-root directory (that´s where the current DW-site is located), if you have a backup, you don´t have to worry about the DW files in to a subfolder on your ftp, of course.

Then you use the command "upload on FTP Host" (screenshot). For this you have to fill in the credentials as necessary.

If you get asked for a folder, use it (although I wonder, why you get asked for a folder?).

Enjoy it

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Feel free to share a link so we know which site changed from DW to Muse .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines