• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to view a food menu best on mobile device?

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still  work in progress but is there a widget or a better way to display a lengthy food menu for desktop/mobile device? It will have the daily specials and specialty sandwiches and another for catering.menu.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Muse is not a code editor and thus cannot do server-side programming or database connections.  Muse is OK for simple static sites but beyond that it's very limited. 

If you're familiar with XML code, you might be able to add menu items to an RSS feed.   And then use a widget to embed the RSS feed into Muse pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use real text not images.   Ideally, your menu items should be stored in a server-side database that can be updated in real time.  Muse is the wrong tool for that because it cannot handle server-side coding.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu items are text. The image is backgrounds behind menu. How can I put it on server side in muse. I was looking at a menu widget in design kit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is not a code editor and thus cannot do server-side programming or database connections.  Muse is OK for simple static sites but beyond that it's very limited. 

If you're familiar with XML code, you might be able to add menu items to an RSS feed.   And then use a widget to embed the RSS feed into Muse pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a theme template to create my website and noticed a widget from muse under design kit to help create a menu. Have you tried design kit? I am a little familiar withXML code. When you say on the server side I have it hosted on go daddy do they provide how to setup that content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have not tried design kit.   I don't know anything about it.

GoDaddy cannot  help you with programming & development.  They can only provide web hosting services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a widget that can help. I am not too good with XML. DesignKit had flaws with Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

xxnonamexx  schrieb

Is there a widget that can help. I am not too good with XML. DesignKit had flaws with Muse.

What does that mean? Please be more specific. Open a new thread as this one is already marked as solved and Nancy has no idea about Design Kit.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines