• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How trial site works?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this kind of question has been posted before, but I still have my question.

I finished making my muse website and want to upload the files in Adobe Business Catalyst hosting for my university website project until 2 years later, so I need a web hosting until then. As far as I know, if I upload my site using Business Catalyst, i will have my website be like : mysite.businesscatalyst.com. Am I right? I don't mind my site having businesscatalyst.com extension as long as my professors and my classmates can view the site with an URL link.

Now, it's said that it is a trial site. When I heard 'trial', I thought of the usual trial in Adobe products : You cannot use it anymore after 5 days or so.

So, is this kind of thing applies to businesscatalyst trial sites too? Will it dissapear after few days or weeks?

And also, if I use the trial site, can i still update the site like adding more page or changing content?

Steff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Hi Steff,

Let me try clearing your doubt in a very simple way.

The sites uploaded on BC without a hosting plan are called trial because it won't go live and a link has to be shared to access it.

Yes, the trial period of BC site is 90 days if untouched.

For example, you make any change after 30 days and upload it to the site, it will recalculate from the day one.

And even if your link expires no need to worry, the same site can be uploaded to any other URL!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more of a Business Catalyst topic than Muse.

But to answer the question Business Catalyst does not seem to delete the testsite.businesscatalyst.com site.

You can update your site only with muse and publish it to BC in the future but you can not login to admin area after a period of time.

Hope this helps.

Toufic Nabi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Taufic,

Thanks for the reply,

so I must use Muse to update my site, and not via admin area.

and the trial time keep on recalculating as long as I update my muse site and upload it business catalyst. Did I get it right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steff,

Let me try clearing your doubt in a very simple way.

The sites uploaded on BC without a hosting plan are called trial because it won't go live and a link has to be shared to access it.

Yes, the trial period of BC site is 90 days if untouched.

For example, you make any change after 30 days and upload it to the site, it will recalculate from the day one.

And even if your link expires no need to worry, the same site can be uploaded to any other URL!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ankushr40215001​

I build a test site many months ago to show my client and it never deleted, although my client wanted to delete the site instead of emptying the page.

The site it still there, untouched. Is there any way I can delete it?

Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Taufic,

Yes, it's quite simple.

Please try to follow the below steps to delete your trial site.

1. Log in to the admin of your site by entering your site URL in a web browser, followed by /admin.
  2. Enter your Adobe ID and password, and then click Sign In.
  3. Select Site Settings > Site Management, and then click Delete Site.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ankush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

I uploaded my site to business catalyst and it's awesome!

But I have my problem with my muse after I upload the site. I asked me to whether enable the in-browser editing or not. As I clicked yes accidentally, my muse program just saving and freezes for some minutes and crash.

As I reopen my muse file, it opens but the whole thumbnails turns white and I can't go to the drawing canvas after double-clicking everything, it just freezes, but my photoshop runs very smoothly at the same time.

After some time restarting muse and restarting my pc over and over again, with the same result. I suddenly asked me whether to recover the unsaved file and I finally got my muse file working back.

I don't know if it happens a lot but I guess I should tell you.

Regards,

Steff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steff_lee  wrote

I asked me to whether enable the in-browser editing or not. As I clicked yes accidentally, my muse program just saving and freezes for some minutes and crash.

does your school use a proxy server?

yes = don't have in browser editing ticked or just up date the .muse file from home instead of the school mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my bad, i mistype. it should be "It asked to whether enable the in-browser editing or not".

i'm the only one who use muse tho in the university. and our university isn't very good at providing proxy server or anything like that. So i always update muse from home.

when i click yes my muse file was ruined for a while. it freaks me out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does the upload goes fine once you say no to IBE (InBroowser Editing)?

-Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

strangely the upload goes fine when i disable IBE. and my file is fine and safe after upload.

Steff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that is because you are on a trial site now, and IBE might require to buy a subscription for BC.

However, after looking at your situation, I guess you will rarely require IBE and most preferred way to edit site is through Muse

only.

IBE is mainly for clients who don't want to buy a seperate Muse licene but still want to make slight edits in the site.

Cheers,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a trail site stays up forever if you don't do anything to it

if. You want to delete it then login to the portal with your Adobe Id and delete it from there

to be clear, you can delete a site from the portal without the need to get into the sites admin area (as this gets disabled after X time of non-use)... if your trail site still has admin active then you don't need the portal

What is the Partner Portal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines