Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks work in browser preview, but not on server

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My website is here: www.ericjanimation.com

Until recently, it worked - but I made an update to one page (switched out a video) and now I have this problem. I've also updated to the latest Muse version.

The first 3 (left to right) state buttons work, but the last two don't give any tooltip as though they're not set up. When I look at the project in Muse the hyperlinks for them appear set up properly. Weirder still, when I preview in browser the whole site works correctly.

So I upload to FTP, and the video I had updated is displaying properly (which tells me things are being updated) - but those last two pages are always inaccessible. I've also selected 'upload all files' to try and refresh everything, but to no avail.

There's also a warning about clearing the cache and contact the website owner when try using Firefox, Edge ect.

What the Hey is going on here? Please assume I'm a complete moron about website jargon when writing your answer... that will help me greatly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Try to delete everything manually from server, and re-publish all in  Muse by using the „All Files“ option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• How did you upload your site? Did you use Muse’s built in  command or an extern FTP application?
  • Could you try to place only these 5 menu buttons onto a newly created .muse file and see, if they are reacting correctly now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Muse's own File>Upload to FTP option.

I may try putting the 5 buttons in a new file when I get home. That's an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried repointing the buttons to different working pages, but the site looks the same. Almost like the site isn't being overwritten with the new updates somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, my file structure is just a mess. Having tried to export a few times I have duplicate folders everywhere, and I'm not sure which folder is actually being updated. 😕 My thinking is that the wrong place is being updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to delete everything manually from server, and re-publish all in  Muse by using the „All Files“ option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a bunch, cleaning it out and re-publishing all files did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines