• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can not load my 501c3 Adobe Muse website HELP!!

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed my national anti-bullying non-profit website (I'm the Executive Director) using ADOBE MUSE CC for the last 6 years. Now, I can not get into my builder's site - it won't load MUSE at all!! All I get is a spinning messgae saying "vsldating license status online, please wait" but nothing happnes. When I try to downlaod MUSE again, I got a note saying my computer sysytem is too old to support it. Buying new computer, etc., can take time and money, especially during this pandemic...I need to get into my site NOW to update it. It is the base of our operations!! Please help!! www.beafriendproject.org.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the only chance now:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/adobe-muse-now-being-blocked-unless-you-purchase-a-full-cc-subsc...

If your OS is too old you may upgrade youe OS. If you really worked on it the last 6 years. If your computer is too old indeed, then you are kind of lost at this time. Whta kind of computer and OS are you running on right now?

It is really now in discussion, in this forum as well, that Muse is under EOL, so no surprise really. But with the full CC Muse is still running.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you for at least replying!! 🙂 🙂 I have MAC OS High Sierra... and I've been running the ADOBE MUSE on the "Creative Cloud Free Plan". So, do you think if I spend my non-profit's precious funds to buy a full CC subscription right now, they will allow me to access my site?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UWE!

It worked to open MUSE after buying a full CC subscription, but MY SITE file is not on "recents" and I can not find it anywhere. 😞 Obviously, I am not in any way an IT person, I am sorry, all I've done for years is click on the buttons that were set up for me long ago. It does me no good to now have MUSE but not have my website on it... any ideas how I can get it back ?? (I know I sound like an idiot...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you should really know, where you saved the website, didn`t you? Or know the name of the file and search for it? It may of course not be visible in "recent" as Muse wasn`t on your machine for some days so there´s no "recent" anymore. You´ll have at least the website online and so you should be able to see any pagenames, right? Search for that. Search for (CMD+F) .muse and the file should appear.

KInd regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, you would think that "one SHOULD really know," absolutely, but I have just been pushing buttons set up for me by the company I paid to set me up with my site in 2014... everything always just kept working... but guess what, I FOUND IT!!!!!!! YAY! Thank you! But of course, the FTP upload info no longer automatically appears, so now I will figure out how to recreate that which used to just be a button to push! Well, I never could have gotten this far without your generous volunteer help, thank you so much!! xoxo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you may need the credentials very much. In most cases the hosting company helps - at least if you are the site owner or the company you work for is the siteowner (means the domain owner). There is in most cases a valid E-Mail Adresse, where missing credentials can be sent to in a way that one can setup a new password for ftp. Be aware, if possible, to use a in most cases free SSL-Certificate in order to make your site look safe.

That could get a little tricky but also - in most cases hosting companies help you with that, as you need to "redirect" the site, formerly http://… to https://…

Also I realize, that the site is not responsive. As long as Muse is running, I highly recommend to set it up responsive (I didn`t find the adaptive as well). Your project is too important to ot be on mobiles.

If any help needed - ask here. One tip for that: Use fixed width breakpoints.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse is discontinued.  You are throwing money at something that has no future and will never be updated again.  Best advice, hire somebody who knows what they're doing to build you a new website outside Muse.  Preferably on a platform like WordPress that allows you to update your site from any computer connected to the Internet. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines