• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't download older apps like Muse CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't find 'show older apps' in my Adobe Creative Cloud anymore, is that correct and because of that I can't download older apps like Muse CC, can you help me? Best regards Petra S.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Thanks everyone for the responses.

But, I've been in touch with Adobe and this is what they told me:

"The MAC OS system you have is an Apple MAC M1 system. In this the older version of the Adobe apps will not work and show older adobe apps will not show in apps section. Adobe is actively working to build apps that run natively on Apple computers using the Apple silicon M1 chip. Many of our existing apps can run on M1 devices using Apple's Rosetta 2 technology.

So we can only suggest to use the ne

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

@petras66354391,

You can download a Muse CS6 trial from this direct download link.  This is a reputable site.  The site owner is an Adobe ACP and long time contributor to these community boards.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Make sure to follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS or you will receive an access error.

NOTE:  Adobe may remove these installers at anytime without notice.  Make a backup copy and keep it in a safe place.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Petra, of course there's "show older apps" but they hided it at "Preferences" of CC.

From there you choose "Applications" and scroll down:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-26 um 09.12.01.png

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just watched your screenshot too late - next time please put it inside the forums text window from the menu here: "add image". Then it appears in this window. Time saver.

You must have a full subscription plan, which I think you have?

Kind Regards and sorry for misunderstanding,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have a full subscription. Therefore I don't understand why I can't download older apps. Is it maybe because I have a Mac? Greetings Petra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use Mac, I checked my CC and I can see the checkbox to show older apps. You may try to deinstall CC and if you get asked wether to prefer to repair - repair CC and see what happens. I have also checked for automatically synchronising the cc apps but even that didn't make any difference on my side. Just wondering.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work :((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask which OS you use? If the latest "Big Sur" you may have to watch here in that forum for Big Sur because there's at least one forum member with a solution for this issue. 

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't find it. Greetings Petra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@petras66354391,

You must have a PAID Creative Cloud ALL APPS plan.  Trial members do NOT have access to discontinued products. 

Individual users must check the box to "show older apps" from their CC Desktop Preferences.  See screenshot.

Preferences in CC Desktop AppPreferences in CC Desktop App

NOTE:  Enterprise & Teams subscribers must contact your IT dept and request a special Muse package from them.  Nobody here can help you with that because using discontinued products depends entirely on your organization's internal policies.  Some IT departments allow it, others do not.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, I have a PAID Creative Cloud ALL APPS plan. Greetings Petra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With which OS do you work? Is it Big Sur?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Big Sur. It's a new computer (MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)).

Greetings Petra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Petra,

you will have to look here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/anyone-on-here-successfully-using-muse-on-an-imac-running-big-su...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/anyone-on-here-successfully-using-muse-on-an-imac-running-big-su...

You will see a link to this, if gthat helps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Be aware that all links to download muse do not work anymore as this post was from 2020 or even earlier, when Adobe provided a download for a very short time (by accident, I guess)

Anyway, obviously some Big Sur users have Muse installed - I stay with Catalina anyway. so not the case for me. But let us know, if it works (except the muse icon maybe).

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for the responses.

But, I've been in touch with Adobe and this is what they told me:

"The MAC OS system you have is an Apple MAC M1 system. In this the older version of the Adobe apps will not work and show older adobe apps will not show in apps section. Adobe is actively working to build apps that run natively on Apple computers using the Apple silicon M1 chip. Many of our existing apps can run on M1 devices using Apple's Rosetta 2 technology.

So we can only suggest to use the new version Adobe apps with the Creative cloud since the show older apps adobe option will not show in MAC M1 system since with the MAC M1 system only the latest version Adobe apps which are compatible with the MAC M1 system will work."

Greetings Petra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone unserstands what this means, well …🤓

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TRANSLATION:  Muse is NOT compatible with Apple's newest M1 chip computers.  And it never will be. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

So now we all know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@petras66354391,

You can download a Muse CS6 trial from this direct download link.  This is a reputable site.  The site owner is an Adobe ACP and long time contributor to these community boards.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Make sure to follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS or you will receive an access error.

NOTE:  Adobe may remove these installers at anytime without notice.  Make a backup copy and keep it in a safe place.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is not to download from this site, at least anymore. Or to say it like it is, I didn't find it. There's XD and spark and portfolio but no muse.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

Check again, perhaps with another browser.  See screenshot.

image.png

Can you not right-click to access the DNG file for Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I would not need it, it's good to have it and I found it, it was not directly on the link but in the "Download" section, thanks anyway and Kind regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this link but for some weird reason, Chrome is preventing it from being downloaded. It says it's unsecured. I don't know if this is just a protection from Chrome or the real deal.

https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/install-Adobe-Muse-2017-0-4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need an outdated version of an outdated software?  2018 is the last release version of Muse.  The direct link to that was posted above on Jun 10, 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we trust that link you posted on the pro tools site? It makes me nervous to go to a site I've never heard of. Do you trust it? Have you downloaded from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can absolutely trust it.  ProDesign Tools is run by an Adobe Community Professional who has Adobe's permission to post links to Adobe's installers hosted on Adobe's servers.   That said, you must have an Adobe log-in to access the installers.  Follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS or it won't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines