• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open Muse any longer as my sub cancelled. Can I open a muse files in any other program?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open Muse any longer as my sub cancelled. Can I open a muse files in any other program? Or is there a way to access muse so that I can finish my projects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without Muse no one can finish the project. If you even did not export the html as a step between, you are lost without a full CC subscription. This has been discussed here in this forum now for almost two years to come, so I am surprised just a little bit …

If you have published your site and need only some minor changes about content (not layout) you may edit in with IBE.

With exported html you are kind of able to finish the project with any code editor and I recommend to use Pinegrow in that case - but it is far different to Muse and needs a learning curve.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. No.  Only Muse can open .mu files.

2. Not without a paid subscription to the All Apps Plan.  And to see discontinued software like Muse and Fireworks, you must tick the box to Show Older Apps in your Creative Cloud desktop app.  See screenshot.

Creative Cloud Desktop SettingsCreative Cloud Desktop Settings

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines