• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i just want to create a simple MENU with submenus for mobile site

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just want to create a simple MENU with submenus for mobile site.

Basically, everything is good. I created the light box. The container works, the buttons work.

I put the MENU button at the top right. And I use the MOTION scroll thingy, and set to '0',   so that it will stay at the top right. (That's what Im suppose to do right?)

All is good, until I have to add an accordion widget within the lightbox widget.

Ok, the accordion works. The only problem is, when the submenu has too many items that drags all the way down and exceeds the phone screen. When that happens, you can't use your hand to swipe down to view the exceeded stuff. Basically anything that goes "out of frame/screen" cannot be scrolled to. Because of the MOTION scroll thingy that was set to '0' right...? which I don't have a choice isn't it?

Of course if I just put an accordion widget without any MOTION scroll function, it will work as per normal, like it could be swiped up and down in mobile site with no issues.

Somebody help me pls................ 😕

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Try this:

• Place a blank „Composition Widget (Lightbox Display)“.
  • Delete all targets but one.
  • „Pin“ it as you like by configuring "scroll effects“.
  • Now place an accordion or a manual menu into the lightbox target:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You expect help? If so, just think about reacting on a helpful answer in one of your other threads. (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2545492)

Your question: If your menu is too long, I strongly suggest to re-think the menu design. Just post a screenshot of the menu, then we may be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?   i'm not aware i have to "react" to my threads?     and I don't expect help. I am just asking.    rude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rude? Really?

playbyear25, if someone gives you a correct answer, which definitely solves your issue, don’t you think a simple „Thank You“ is worth it?

Concerning your actual thread: Give us a screenshot of your menu, perhaps we can help. But I already said this …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok u made a point, i haven't thank in the thread, because i haven't revisited it..      but i always thought a reply like " perhaps you can react to your previous thread 😆 and we can help you further? "      or "perhaps a thank you for your previous thread?  😆 " ,

rather then..   "you expect help? "

like the rest of the community, we are really devastated with MUSE, whatever widgets that we bought and all the years I've supported Adobe (which anyone can just get the cracked version of MUSE),  and still now, I still choose to pay monthly when there is clearly no more support or improvements.

but anyways,  I apologize if I wasn't sincere. I just didn't know the users have to post with conditions.

I'll post the screenshot very soon,  sorting out my stuff now.,  Nonetheless, I appreciate your help, and this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.gif

ok here you go...       from left to right.. 1,2 , 3...     the accordion works as per normal.  The accordion is set to  0 px for the scroll motion thingy.    

The problem is when,  i open up one of the menu to display the submenu (see 3) .     It has a lot of contents, that exceeded the frame of the phone .  And it cannot be scrolled to the bottom.   Its sort of stuck there,  because of the 0px i set for the scroll motion thingy.   Because if I don't set the scroll motion thingy,    then the accordion works perfectly,  and able to swipe up and down.

There's no way I can re-design the menu as well..  even if I take away some items from the submenu,  the problem will still be there if by any chance there is another submenu at the bottom menu,   then it gets "stuck" as well.  As long as the accordion goes out of frame, i can't scroll to view the rest that is out of frame.

sorry i tried my best to explain...

i also used a light box, but I needed sub menus.  The only way it seems is to use accordion for sub menus ? I inserted the accordion into the light box, and its the same thing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

• Place a blank „Composition Widget (Lightbox Display)“.
  • Delete all targets but one.
  • „Pin“ it as you like by configuring "scroll effects“.
  • Now place an accordion or a manual menu into the lightbox target:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the video seems correct!   but i tried exactly the steps you gave, and no matter how I do,  I don't get the scroll bar at the side of the screen.

Was it because I was previewing in ADOBE MUSE?  You seems to have a different preview function..    I'm using PC btw..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it works. There is no “different preview function“. It only may be, that you use an older Muse version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, im really confused. i am already using the latest muse..  it says  2018.1.0.266.

and also I tried your steps many times, the same problem occurs on my end. Are you able to share the MUSE project file here?

And then there's another bug,  basically when you scroll down way at the bottom,  and attempt to click on the MENU button (which is pinned at the top right, using the scroll motion function 0px thingy) ,   it won't allow you to click. The button is still there visible, but it doesn't trigger the lightbox.

But strangely if you just scroll away from the bottom, like to the center, or anywhere except the rock  bottom,  you are able to click on the MENU button,  and the light box works.

Anyone with this problem before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not me. No problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines