• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm trying to backup my website that I made in Muse

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse corrupted most of my websites and a lot of my pics. I backed them up 3 times in separate locations, and they're all corrupted. They work online so I'm trying to save them as a working file so I don't lose them. I can download bits and pieces but the design can't be saved, it acts weird. Not sure what to do and would love some guidance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse does not corrupt websites in general in my experience. How could it be that the websites work online but might be corrupted?

The only "smart" way I know, is using PINEGROW, as they can use the code from an existing website right from the worldwideweb and generate the code in a way, that you can keep on working with it in a quite easy way. Not as easy as Muse and not the same way as Muse but you may be able to edit some content of your website.

The forum might not be as helpful for you as Muses forum is/was - depending on your knowledge of code. My knowledge of code is quite rudimental so I know what I am talking about. But you "see" the website and its elements almost like in Muses design mode …

As of this reading I don`t know any other software which is able to do that in one step out of the box. Pinegrow offers a 7day test which is quite short, but you won`t need too much time to check for one existing website and decide wether to keep on (pay) or not.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. I tried Pinegrow this past weekend and it saves some of it, but there are still missing code connections. I'm looking at other alternatives to rebuild the sites, I've found a couple of others that might help. I'm glad you haven't had the experience of loosing most of your websites (I have about 10), it's a rotten thing to experience. I loved having the full suite, but I've given it up because of all this. Again, I appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should Muse corrupt saved websites? That is definitely not possible. I am sure, your problems are caused by something else.

By the way: Muse incorporates the placed images within the .muse file. The original assets aren‘t touched at all. No way for Muse to corrupt them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse corrupts the working file, even the backups. That's my experience anyway. I don't have any issues except with Adobe products. I use Unity and Blender as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corrupted files are usually a symptom of a much bigger problem.  Your hard drive may be failing.  Or worse, your computer could be infected with malware.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be correct in that except Adobe products and the associated images are the only files that get corrupted. I work offline and they work just fine for 2 months and then start to go bad. But once I log in, they're fine except for the Muse files. Photoshop does this as well occasionally Hopefully it's all a coincidence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nobody can help you, because it is not clear, what is „corrupt“:

• The Muse document?
  • The files, which Muse has exported?
  • The source files, which you have placed in your Muse document?

Further more, it is not clear,

• what leads you to the opinion, that „lots of your pics“ are corrupted. Did you open them for example in Photoshop to verify this?
  • what you mean with „backed them up“. Did you save the document again and again? Did you save it under different names? Did you save it on different locations? Did you perform a „real“ backup (saving the file multiple times using different file names)?

Anyway, I am member of this community since the very beginning, and never ever heard of something like that. You are the one and only person, who encounters this – whatever „this“ may be …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use Dreamweaver to download a local copy of your website How to set up a local version of your web site using Dreamweaver

for Muse made sites you need the /dw to keep templates ... that is the only way I know of to corrupt a live site i.e, without the /dw the widgets etc will not work after you drag them down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't have Dreamweaver any longer. Thanks though, I'm now rebuilding in Everweb. Thankfully, a couple of them I don't have to touch so I'll just leave them as is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines