I'm unable to publish my Muse-edited website via FTP since November 1, 2020.

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to publish my Muse-edited website via FTP since November 1, 2020. Prior to that date it worked flawlessly.  I keep getting the error :  Unable to connect to the FTP server.(Error code :530).  Username and password incorrect.  I have not changed my pw or username.  If that is to be changed, how can I change the username and password?  Any help here will be appreciated.  I contacted Adobe Customer Service at : 1-800-833-6687 and they were unable to help and directed me to forums.adobe.com to voice my frustration,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Adobe Customer Care for Muse any more. You can change username and Password at/in/withj your hosting company. All ftp servers require username and password as well as the servername - that might has changed from the hosting company - maybe. I expirienced this years ago with 1&1.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Courtjester,

Sorry for your frustration but this sounds like a hosting problem to me.  Can you connect to your remote server with a dedicated FTP app like FileZilla or Cyberduck?  

If connection fails, contact your hosting provider.  The problem is on the server, not Muse. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines