• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to make a single-page product presentation website - Should I use WordPress or Adobe Muse?

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make a single-page product presentation website with a crowdfunding/pre-ordering module integrated (so, not Kickstarter etc.). Should I use WordPress or Adobe Muse?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, depends on what you want to achieve, right?

A "single-page product presentation website" seems to be easy - and for that Muse might be quite perfect but and it is a big but - …

On the other side WP might be too heavy for a"single-page product presentation website", right?

For better SEO it sounds better to me, to use any other app as even sparkle is able to use different sections on a onepage-site for SEO which Muse is not, unfortunately and the time you spend to do a well or better a great looking website in Muse takes a while, too so I recommend not to use Muse and be aware that Nancy strictly recommends to use anything else but not Muse.

To do the work in WP overall needs some time as well - did you check Adobes "my portfolio" app for your "single-page product presentation website"?

I assume this might be the best solution maybe? But of course it depends on several details which I cannot tell here.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WordPress is probably overkill for a one-page product site.  Wix or Squarespace might be all you need.  On the other hand, if neither are compatible with said module, that won't work.  Don't guess. Guesses, especially bad ones, are too costly.  My advice to non-coders is hire an experienced web developer who knows what they're doing. 

DO NOT USE MUSE!  Muse is not being developed anymore and should not be used for new projects. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Plus the hosting element - BC is ending life in September as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines