• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I now have 1 font that works

Explorer ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adamina.  I have a couple hundred fonts on my computer.  No Typekit fonts work.

Okay.  What about the Edge Web Fonts that are supposed to be totally free and work/upload to my website

even if you no longer have a subscription?  They don't work.

Is there a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Google Fonts work fine for me and millions of other websites. 

Arial is a system font.  If you can't get Arial to display, the font on your computer is probably corrupted.  

Best practice on web  pages is to use a font stack with fallback fonts just in case the 1st one is not available. 

h1 {

font-family: Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 24px;

line-height: 26.4px;

}

For more font-families,

CSS Font Stack: Web Safe and Web Font Family with HTML and CSS code.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe fonts (formerly typekit) retired a whole bunch of fonts from their website.  You could replace Adobe fonts with  Google fonts, they're free.

Google Fonts

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried Raleway and I'm pleasantly surprised that it works.  Are you saying that Google fonts will work?  Because I'm tried many fonts--Arial did not work--and they didn't and I don't mean Typekit.  There's no mystery or glitch?  It's solve by using Google fonts?  I would be very happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Fonts work fine for me and millions of other websites. 

Arial is a system font.  If you can't get Arial to display, the font on your computer is probably corrupted.  

Best practice on web  pages is to use a font stack with fallback fonts just in case the 1st one is not available. 

h1 {

font-family: Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 24px;

line-height: 26.4px;

}

For more font-families,

CSS Font Stack: Web Safe and Web Font Family with HTML and CSS code.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy.  I don't use this program often--I need it because this is not my line of work!--

so I stumble a lot.  I think the issue was a text block.  Not sure what the problem was because I made sure

it wasn't touching anything else.  Once I deleted and remade it, it was fine/uploaded without complaint.

I'll go through all the fonts systematically and delete the ones that don't work so I can't keep revisiting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don‘t understand the problem. In contrary to Typekit fonts Edge fonts (these are actually Google fonts) work, even if you stop your Muse subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know.  You are far more familiar with the program than I am.  It seemed to be something to do with the text frame.  Ir wasn't in conflict with any surrounding frames so I can only tell you what I did.  When I deleted that and rebuilt it, I was able to upload the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines