• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I really loved the Home Page of www.bcg.com and I am curious as to how can I do it in Muse.

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Folks,

To cut long story short, I want to create a homepage like BCG's website, and I worked my brain out to do it but to no avail. I couldn't figure out that what widgets they've used I mean one way to do it could be by way of using full page slide show, but then again, the scroll effect of mouse is just awesome which isn't possible through this widget.

Again in very 1st slide they've used a horizontal slide show within a slide show. And the sliding effect of that horizontal slide show is just another awesome thing I liked about it. I mean you can change the slides by long pressing left button of mouse and then dragging the pointer from right to left.

http://www.bcg.com

Can anyone of you help me out how to do it in Muse?

Thanks in advance.

Gaurav.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can make blogs work in Muse yes... the system I like | use is Publiz but there are also wordpress and some other options

https://www.publiz.com/adobe-muse-blog.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway Wrong thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no the site he linked to has a blog

https://www.bcg.com/about/mission/approach.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they have used a parallax Scroll effect

You can see the video How to create a Horizontal Parallax Effects in Adobe Muse - YouTube 

It might give you some tricks on how to achieve something similar to what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trick would be to combine two things together, which I have no idea how to do that.

On top is a slideshow, horizontal orientated, scrolling down is something like this:

home​  what I am working on since …

There are some 3rd party widgets for "hero slideshows/hero images" at musewidgeits.com

The scroll effect is easy to manage.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder wissal Responsive-museUssnorway David Asch

Thank you everyone for your valuable inputs.

However, I think following few things got skipped from your scrutiny on BCG homepage:

1. There is absence of scroll bar, which in my opinion means that page is not too long.
  2. If you hover on any of the menu option on the right hand side like "Featured", "DigitalBCG" or "Capabilities" etc. you will not get to see any link text on the left bottom of the page. Which means that they've not created any Anchor links. Same is true for horizontal slide show buttons on the very first page.
  3. No matter how fast you scroll mouse wheel, only one page will change at a time, which I find really amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 & 3 are scroll effects... not that hard to learn if you like that effect look here for a starting tutorial with files

Enhance your responsive site design |

2 = maybe but there are other ways to avoid showing the link text if you don't want it ... the state button springs to mind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. There is absence of scroll bar, which in my opinion means that page is not too long.
  2. If you hover on any of the menu option on the right hand side like "Featured", "DigitalBCG" or "Capabilities" etc. you will not get to see any link text on the left bottom of the page. Which means that they've not created any Anchor links. Same is true for horizontal slide show buttons on the very first page.
  3. No matter how fast you scroll mouse wheel, only one page will change at a time, which I find really amazing.

1) There are some 3rd party widgets which make the scrollbar disappear (musewidgeits.com) but some of them need subscription.

2) That the link in the bottom does not appear may need some coding. I have a thread in mind far in the past when Pavel Homeriki​ had some advices/opinions to this

3) This could also be done with 3rd party widgets. Some of them are free, some of them may need subscription, some of them are available as single widget. Just one of them: Anchor Scroll widget for Adobe Muse

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines