• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've just loaded my web page on google cloud storege bat the web page does not work properly

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all send a greeting to everyone in the forum, hi everyone!

My problem is that it's the first time that I host a website in google cloud, so the problem I have has not happened to me before with other hostings.

After having spent four long hours reviewing all the processes to upload the web to google storage, both myself and google technical support, we have come to the conclusion that there is some incompatibility between the html files. generated by muse and google hosting, since the web loads perfectly from the browser but without format (attached -image). As you can see even the code seems to be right...

I would like to know if this has happened to someone else, and if so, if they have found any solution, thank you very much I'm expecting your soon answer2020-04-14_21h17_50.png2020-04-14_21h20_42.png.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as I hate Muse's machine generated code, I don't think this has anything to do with Muse.

I think maybe you are confused about the services provided by your Google Cloud Storage plan.  Cloud storage is for storing and retrieving data.  If you want to host a web site, you need a secure, publicly accessible server.  What you have now is not publicly accessible.  See screenshot. 

Nancy_OShea_0-1586893228467.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, thanks a lot for your answer and I guess you may be right, but by now, since the website is not loading properly, I haven't given public access to the website, which fits with what that message reflects. But if you have any clues as to what might be going wrong, I wouldn't mind giving you access if you need to check the web. Just let me know and i'll open the web. Once again thank you very very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use Google Cloud Storage for web hosting.  But if your bucket is configured correctly and all assets are uplooaded to the correct location, it should work. 

https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/hosting-static-website

You could create a simple test page with plain vanilla HTML code and see if you can get that working first.   Do not use Muse for this.  Use a plain text/code editor. 

CSS GridsCSS Grids

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>CSS Grids - vertical centering</title>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<style>
body, html {
margin: 0;
height: 100%;
display: grid;
background: #333 url(https://placeimg.com/1200/900/nature) no-repeat center center;
background-size: cover;
}
main {
padding: 2%;
width: 80%;
text-align: center;
margin: auto;
background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
color: #FFF;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<main>
<h3>Welcome to CSS Grids!</h3>
<p>I'm vertically &amp; horizontally centered text over a full-sized page background image.</p>
</main>
</body>
</html>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines