• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want full control over my Muse website not just in-browser editing. Is it possible?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I had an adobe muse website built by a web designer, but I am finding it frustrating as the in-browser editor has very limited control over the contents. I have to get my designer to make any little changes which is expensive. If we subscribed to an adobe muse monthly plan, can the contents of our website be transferred so that we have full editing capability? And if so, how do we do it and which plan do we need?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Just subscribe to the single app.

You can transfer the muse project file („filename.muse“) simply by sending via email and open in Muse. I personally would put it into a folder and zip this folder before sending, but this normally isn’t necessary.

The best way to transfer all data inclusive all original images and other assets:

• Create a folder on your hard drive
  • Save the .muse file into it.
  • Within Muse, open the „Assets“ panel and click onto the small „Collect“ icon bottom left of the panel.
  • This will

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscribe Muse and you are done.

The Muse project file (.muse) is enough to go on. Better, but not necessary, would be, if you have the original assets too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply. That sounds promising! Do we need to subscribe to "Single App" or "Creative Cloud All Apps"?

Since we are inexperienced, can you please explain how we can transfer the Muse project file from our designer to us? Is it just a matter of emailing and opening using Adobe Muse??

Sorry about the lame question. Really appreciate your reply!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just subscribe to the single app.

You can transfer the muse project file („filename.muse“) simply by sending via email and open in Muse. I personally would put it into a folder and zip this folder before sending, but this normally isn’t necessary.

The best way to transfer all data inclusive all original images and other assets:

• Create a folder on your hard drive
  • Save the .muse file into it.
  • Within Muse, open the „Assets“ panel and click onto the small „Collect“ icon bottom left of the panel.
  • This will collect all images/assets into the folder you determine:

Screen.jpg

Now transfer this folder (email, USB stick or whatever you want to your machine. You should be able to open the Muse document without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gunter

Thank you so much, we can't wait to have control. Please can I ask one more question:

We have 2 websites, can they both be managed on the single app, or do we subscribe 1 x single app for each website?

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You subscribe to muse CC once and can handle as much .muse files you like and be able to handle. You can even create new sites.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Muse subscription, you can create as many Muse sites as you like.

Of course you may edit any Muse site from whatever source it comes from. The only precondition: You need the .muse file. Exported HTML files can't be opened in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  wrote

If you have a Muse subscription, you can create as many Muse sites as you like.

a max of 100 test sites on Adobe BC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the comments. Excited about being able to make changes rather than rely on my designer!

Are there plenty of tutorials within CC Muse to help me learn how to do things/make changes to the websites?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, from video tutorials to written tutorials you have all you need PLUS a fast and helpfull forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have purchased Adobe Muse CC, so I can upload all the files of my website built by my designer.

I want to learn how to manage and make changes to the site, can anyone recommend good tutorials that offer instruction from start to finish? I am completely new to this software, so it is a bit daunting at the moment.

I see tutorials on Muse, but they are vague and all over the place.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest to start with a new thread, just take one page of your site and provide this via dropbox, CC or similar file sharing.

To do so, open the ORIGINAL and save it as WORK.muse, delete all pages except one and save it as WORK.muse again.

From there one, together with watching tutorials and together with the forum you can explore muse.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a close look to this tutorials: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html

Or watch the jam sessions of Muse’s product manager Dani Beaumont at YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dani+beaumont

But be aware: Muse is no application, which can be understood by clicking around. You are dealing with a visual web design software, and in opposite to print layout every element in modern web design dynamically influences each other. Making only one text container longer can destroy the complete layout under certain circumstances.

Good luck! And if you encounter problems, we certainly will try to assist you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter

Thanks very much for the link to the jam sessions, that's exactly what I was after, they are very good & helpful.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter

My website designer used fonts from the Myriad Pro family to build the site (www.infraredsaunasau.com.au) however these fonts are not supported in Adobe Muse CC, will I need to purchase these? Or when I upload the files to Muse CC will the fonts come with it? Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I was able to add the Myriad Pro fonts for free, just by clicking + add web fonts, which took me to free fonts hosted by adobe!

So I have Myriad Pro: Black, Black Italic, Bold, Bold Italic, Italic, Light, Light Italic, Regular, Semibold & Semibold Italic.

I guess I should be okay then?

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here are few tutorial links which will help you in getting a fair idea on using Muse.

Thanks for choosing Muse.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you follow the installation instructions of „Add Web Fonts“ all is ok.

You can test this, if you preview your page/site in browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter

I uploaded my new site to Muse CC, I have added all the Myriad Pro fonts, however when I preview the site it gives me these warnings saying Myriad Pro is not installed?? Can you advise, thanks

63 Warnings:

Text frame on page 'Product' (with text 'Home') uses a font named 'Myriad Pro' which is not installed. Alternate font used.

Text frame on page 'Product' (with text 'About Us') uses a font named 'Myriad Pro' which is not installed. Alternate font used.

Text frame on page 'Product' (with text 'Saunas') uses a font named 'Myriad Pro' which is not installed. Alternate font used.

Text frame on page 'Product' (with text 'Mini') uses a font named 'Myriad Pro' which is not installed. Alternate font used.

Text frame on page 'Product' (with text 'Supreme 1') uses a font named 'Myriad Pro' which is not installed. Alternate font used.

Text frame on page 'Product' (with text 'Supreme 2') uses a font named 'Myriad Pro' which is not installed. Alternate font used.

Text frame on page 'Product' (with text 'Supreme 3') uses a font named 'Myriad Pro' which is not installed. Alternate font used.

Text frame on page 'Product' (with text 'Evolve 15') uses a font named 'Myriad Pro' which is not installed. Alternate font used.

Text frame on page 'Product' (with text 'Evolve 20') uses a font named 'Myriad Pro' which is not installed. Alternate font used.

Text frame on page 'Product' (with text 'Why Our Saunas') uses a font named 'Myriad Pro' which is not installed. Alternate font used.

Text frame on page 'Product' (with text 'Ultra Low EMF') uses a font named 'Myriad Pro' which is not installed. Alternate font used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

razor08  wrote

Hi Gunter

I uploaded my new site to Muse CC, I have added all the Myriad Pro fonts, however when I preview the site it gives me these warnings saying Myriad Pro is not installed?? Can you advise, thanks

preview uses the local server... publish the site and look at it there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I uploaded all the website files from my designer to adobe muse cc, all is good except all of the fonts in the tabs changed to a different font. Is there an easy way to correct the fonts on the master page in a couple of clicks?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gunter

I updated Muse CC 2 days ago, however since the update was done I can no longer fully update the website changes to the FTP server. It gets to about 24% complete and then freezes at the same point (page) every time? Could there be an issue with the 'Desktop page 'Mini"? Please help, thanks. Mark

2017-09-04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you please be so kind razor08​ and open a new thread as this thread seems to be solved completely.

Your question seems to rectify a new thread.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines