Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to be shown 1080 on every device higher then 1080

Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have made a website in muse with pictures that can not stretch further than 1080 afterwards they get bad quality and stretched (this is not the problem but 1 of ... I do not have an answer) I want to know how you for example, on a laptop that displays 1400 you can show your 1080 website. Help...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

If you want your site not to stretch more than 1080 pixels wide, you need to set this value for your black bar.

5e073ab633.png

In the browser, on screens wider than 1080px your site will look like this:

75c0ec23eb.png

But if you want the image to be stretched the same way as the black bar, 100% of the screen width - this contradicts your desire not to stretch the site more than 1080. You must select only one option. Combine them is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just do it!

• Make your largest breakpoint 1080,
  • make sure, that the double arrow icon to the right/left of the breakpoint bar is pointing inwards, and
  • Set the images not to resize browser wide, but only page wide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do the third thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By dragging the image to the left page edge, until the page edge guideline changes its colour to red, and dragging one of the right corners of the image to the right edge of the page until this edge guideline turns red too:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i preview it i get this...Schermafbeelding 2018-01-19 om 19.48.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should this screenshot say? It seems to be the same issue, you told us in a different thread. And it is here as unclear as in the other thread, what you are trying to achieve.

One single more attempt from my side:

Explain exactly, what you want to achieve: Which width is the intended one? The black rectangle on top or the image below? And what exactly do you want to achieve? Please no pseudo explanations and interpretations about “resolution“ and things like that. Simply say, what rhese elements should look like and give us a corresponding .muse file by using Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service. One page containing nothing but the black header and the image below definitely is enough. Please no larger file with more elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the images as wide as the black bar above that in that screenshot also the entire width of the websites, as I said the website is bigger in the preview than 1080 and you gave an answer that did not help . I now send you more screenshots maybe you understand

this is how it previews in muse when i am designing ( 1080 )

Schermafbeelding 2018-01-20 om 09.11.48.png

this is how it previews in the browser

Schermafbeelding 2018-01-19 om 19.48.01.png

Its clear that it doesn't shows it in 1080 and thats what i want...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ilias,

Probably you should try to set the two arrows near the berakpoint bar to outward rather inward!

RIght now your site is set as center layout and not stretch to the browser.

Just click on it once to set outward direction.

Let me know if this sums up your issue, or we provide us with a small Muse file as mentioned above by Guenter.

Best Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want your site not to stretch more than 1080 pixels wide, you need to set this value for your black bar.

5e073ab633.png

In the browser, on screens wider than 1080px your site will look like this:

75c0ec23eb.png

But if you want the image to be stretched the same way as the black bar, 100% of the screen width - this contradicts your desire not to stretch the site more than 1080. You must select only one option. Combine them is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again: Your sentence: „I want the images as wide as the black bar above that in that screenshot also the entire width of the websites“ is not really clear for me

I understand: You want the images as wide as the black bar. But what should happen, if the browser window is wider than 1080 px? do you want the elements of your page (images, title bar) expand maximally to 1080 px and not further?

This is very simple to achieve, but: No further comments possible without having a look at the file I requested in my last post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines