Exit

I want to expand the click-sensitive space that opens a menu widget

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gang!

My mobile site is at starcatindustries.com

On my mobile homepage I have my name, which is an accordion menu, and a graphic. I want to include the graphic in the clickable space that will open the menu. I'd imagine that would be something like putting a transparent rectangle over the graphic and then directing that rectangle to the widget with some buried functionality or tricky code, but I can't figure it out. Compounding that is how hard it is to make things on the homepage interact with things in the master page.

Let me know.if you have any ideas or suggestions, or if there's some downloadable menu widget that would provide me with this functionality.

Thanks!

-Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of being brutally honest & maybe not exactly what you're hoping for, Muse is end of life & has no furore.  Adobe is not interested in it.  The widget developers are not interested in it.   Why beat a dead horse  when you could be re-building  your site responsively with another product?

JackStarcat  wrote

I want to include the graphic in the clickable space that will open the menu.

This is easily done with Bootstrap responsive layouts in Dreamweaver or any other real code editor.

Bootstrap 4.2.1 Navbar with Centered Brand/Logo

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to complete your site in spite of Nancy’s reservations:

I am not really sure, if I understand your question correctly. Are you thinking of something like this:

This is doable without problems with Muse’s „out of the box“ menu widget.

Just have a look at this corresponding sample file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpvw5846ah9blxg/multimedia-menu.muse?dl=1

If I didn’t understand correctly and you are looking for something completely different, please feel free to ask!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines