Highlighted

Ideal Hardware for Best Adobe Muse Performance?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to upgrade my machine and, as a Windows user, I need to consider what hardware I need to look for in my next upgrade.

So my question is what hardware is Adobe Muse most reliant on when designing and previewing? Does a GPU play any role whatsoever? A thumb-suck would have me believe that the RAM is necessary for Designing and CPU for previewing?

This comes to my second question. What are the 'ideal' specifications from others out there for a smooth and enjoyable experience when designing in Adobe Muse? Because on my current machine I have immense lag on 30mb+ sites. Specs: 12GB DDR3 RAM, HD4200 Graphics, Intel i5 2.5ghz Dual Core.

Thank you in advance,

Jonathan H

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Get whatever machine has the best single-core performance to ensure smooth interaction. The rest barely matters. Most of the slowdowns are simply inherent in how Muse does things by ways of convoluted constructs and scripts plus any form of acceleration would depend on the underlying render engine for previews etc., which is nothing you have any control over. An expensive graphics card would therefore be an utter waste, considering that WebKit et al provide acceleration of soem sort even on intel integrated graphics, it may just not be that glorious, because it depends on a zillion other external factors - just like it does in a browser. Similarly, more memory will not do anything. Most of the stuff should fit perfectly into usable RAM, it's again just Muse checking dependencies, running scripts etc. that eventually will make things slow.

Mylenium

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Ideal Hardware for Best Adobe Muse Performance?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to upgrade my machine and, as a Windows user, I need to consider what hardware I need to look for in my next upgrade.

So my question is what hardware is Adobe Muse most reliant on when designing and previewing? Does a GPU play any role whatsoever? A thumb-suck would have me believe that the RAM is necessary for Designing and CPU for previewing?

This comes to my second question. What are the 'ideal' specifications from others out there for a smooth and enjoyable experience when designing in Adobe Muse? Because on my current machine I have immense lag on 30mb+ sites. Specs: 12GB DDR3 RAM, HD4200 Graphics, Intel i5 2.5ghz Dual Core.

Thank you in advance,

Jonathan H

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

Get whatever machine has the best single-core performance to ensure smooth interaction. The rest barely matters. Most of the slowdowns are simply inherent in how Muse does things by ways of convoluted constructs and scripts plus any form of acceleration would depend on the underlying render engine for previews etc., which is nothing you have any control over. An expensive graphics card would therefore be an utter waste, considering that WebKit et al provide acceleration of soem sort even on intel integrated graphics, it may just not be that glorious, because it depends on a zillion other external factors - just like it does in a browser. Similarly, more memory will not do anything. Most of the stuff should fit perfectly into usable RAM, it's again just Muse checking dependencies, running scripts etc. that eventually will make things slow.

Mylenium

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2017 2
dodger50 LATEST
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run an iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. The old Apple HDD decide to die and slowly killed the whole machine; I've just replaced it with a Samsung 500GB Evo SSD and the machine has come back to life and Muse (plus other Adobe CC apps) run really well now. The SSD makes the whole boot up and response so much quicker. Hope this helps...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2017 2