• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If a text box's length is increased that is in a composition widget such that it overlaps the triggers below it in In-browser Editing will the triggers.....

Participant ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a text box's length is increased that is in a composition widget such that it overlaps the triggers below it in In-browser Editing will the triggers automatically be repositioned, be adjusted relative to the distance they were below the original size of the text box that is in the target/container of the blank composition widget?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not 100% sure what you mean.

noelb8402969  schrieb

If a text box's length is increased that is in a composition widget such that it overlaps the triggers below it in In-browser Editing will the triggers automatically be repositioned, be adjusted relative to the distance they were below the original size of the text box that is in the target/container of the blank composition widget?

if you edit the original textbook in inbrowserediting? If the textbook resizes on this case as well?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder/Uwe, I took a blank composition widget and put some photos in 4 of the targerts and in the last target of it, I put a text box in it.

After uploading the site, I logged into inbrowser editing. I went to the widget and clicked the trigger of the last target to get to the text box. I clicked on the text box and was able to edit and type text. I kept typing and entering down to see if the text box within the target would expand if I kept typing and tapping enter ever so often. The text box along with the target that it is in expanded downward, increased in length but as I continued typing it eventually covered/overlapped, the triggers that were below it. I didn't publish those changes withing inbrowser editing because I was unsure as to whether or not the triggers below the targets would be automatically repositioned, moved down, to accommodate for the change in height of the target from the result of the increase in it's length. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I experienced, you must set the size of the textbook to its desired length. Unfortunately textbooks do not get bigger as you set them.

If this overlapping occurs from your clients edits, you could resize them, next time you open the corresponding .muse, you get warned about any edits and if you want to merge those edits on your muse.

If so, you see the results in your muse, including the  and resize the text box. Then everything should be ok again.

Another possibility would be to put a scrollable text box ( from a 3rd party widget ) inside the composition.

But this is not checked yet and maybe more important it might not be satisfying.

Idea behind: the scrollbar of the textbook would only appear if the text gets too long for your created textbox.

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for doing your best to help me. The suggestion about a scrolling text box is good idea, but isn't it true the more widgets you have on a page the slower the page will load??

I guess I could create a hidden page and edit the text and the publish it and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines