• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image properties SEO

Engaged ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I built an entire site using box fill for images (I thought this was the best/corrcet way!), I now see that I am unable to access image properties. Is there any other way of adding alt text for SEO purposes?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

If it makes you feel better,  ALT attributes on images are for accessibility reasons and not SEO.  Owing to abuses by web designers of the past, search engines pay almost no attention to ALT descriptions.  

The ALTt attribute provides alternative information for an image if a user for some reason cannot view it because of slow connection, an error in the src attribute, or if the user is visually impaired and must use a screen reader.

Real text in the form of headings, paragraphs or captions is th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the simple answer to this is no. Rectangles (and circles) use CSS backround fill, which cannot have alt text applied to it.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it makes you feel better,  ALT attributes on images are for accessibility reasons and not SEO.  Owing to abuses by web designers of the past, search engines pay almost no attention to ALT descriptions.  

The ALTt attribute provides alternative information for an image if a user for some reason cannot view it because of slow connection, an error in the src attribute, or if the user is visually impaired and must use a screen reader.

Real text in the form of headings, paragraphs or captions is the best possible way to get noticed by search engines.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines