Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image title vs tooltip | SEO

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy,

I'm close to publish my website and I was reading something to improve the SEO.

The problem is that I've filled containers with images as a background so I'm not able to add a title anymore. I've already read some post here that suggests to add tooltip (from hyperlink). My question is: I'll have the same result as a title? Do you suggest to replace all the images (I hope not)?

I also noticed that in layers panel, I have of course only "rectangle" as name. What if I change the name of the layers with the name that I gave to the images?

Thanks a lot.

Bart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

For the images it would be enough to use ALT-TEXT, I guess.

Right click on an image and you get this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-29 um 10.30.33.png

Click this and you get this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-29 um 10.30.41.png

Quickinfo will appear when the cursor stays on a picture

Alt Text is good for SEO.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whats the url for this web site?

in most senarios the images don't make a difference to seo scores but it really does come down to "what kind of site" and are the images part of the reason people go there or just something that gets in their way?

p.s, name layers however you like... they are for you to build the site without errors and mess... i.e, has nothing to do with seo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Website is not yet published.

It's a graphic design portfolio so I thought that was important to have the right "filename" for SEO, but if you say so...

I also read, here on the forum, that keywords too are not important anymore (??). Is it right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bartolomeo1888  wrote

I also read, here on the forum, that keywords too are not important anymore (??). Is it right?

two or three are fine but yes its not much difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  ha scritto

bartolomeo1888   wrote

two or three are fine but yes its not much difference

This is weird. How can I be ranked if I only put 3 keywords, no matter images title or other "old school" tips. How really does SEO works (if it works) on Adobe Muse? Can you suggest me a link in the black forest of SEO tips? It's very confusing.
I spent the last 3 months learning "technical" Muse and now that I want to publish and I'd like to be found: confusion 🙂

Thanks for your help.

p.s. I'm trying (as suggested here in the forum) the J-26 webpage SEO widget. Is it another useless thing?

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 Essential SEO Tips for Adobe Muse Sites | MuseThemes.com - YouTube

That´s a very good resource, I found so far.

J-26 also has some tutorials for SEO, I guess. If these widgets do a better job? Who knows.

It is good practice as well to sign in to google+ and other google  stuff.

Steps to a Google-friendly site - Search Console Help

All the rest you shouldgoogle by yourself because of language. I found good topics for Germany.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SEO is not something you should wory too much about.

Providing your images have alt text, (good for the accessibility part of ranking) and that you have relevant and meaningful text on the page, using the correct h1, h2, etc that is correct in the pages text context, that is much more important than almost everything else.

There are a lot of seo articles and companies offering seo advice, but if you do a search for seo you will see that all never come out as impressive in their own rankings anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides the h1 - h2 -  h3 tags I have to add, that page title and page description are quite important.

By far the most important is that there is relevant content so that page title and page description has something to do with content provided.

If you want to get found, I think, SEO is quite important. But the more life and relevance and traffic there is on a site the better you get found.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, still a confusing thing for me but, ok, I'll try.

Another problem is that I have a website mainly with galleries (filled containers) and so on.

What if I put an invisible text layer (hidden behind the slideshow) with the right content and h1, h2, h stuff?

Why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not really a good idea, because google also detects if the text is "readable".

Hidden Text in Websites - SEO Chat

Hidden text and links - Search Console Help

https://www.searchengineacademy.com/blog/is-using-hidden-text-for-seo-a-good-tactic-lets-get-back-to...

If you watch those 5 Tips for SEO you may see, that page description and page title is the most important.

If now the pictures and their alt-text fits together, even better (obvious for you?).

If you now add some text onto each page, even better.

If this is a must for you, depends on what you want to achieve.

BTW, the more sites link to your site the better.

Be aware, that all tricks you might want to use are already thought after by google and al the others as well .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bartolomeo1888  wrote

p.s. I'm trying (as suggested here in the forum) the J-26 webpage SEO widget.

as seo widgets go, thats one of the better ones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the images it would be enough to use ALT-TEXT, I guess.

Right click on an image and you get this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-29 um 10.30.33.png

Click this and you get this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-29 um 10.30.41.png

Quickinfo will appear when the cursor stays on a picture

Alt Text is good for SEO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I knew that but I have containers filled with images!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines