Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images across breakpoints

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I've designed a webpage with fixed widths and have various breakpoints set up.
I started by dropping the image into the smallest breakpoint (960) with dimension of 360x360px. However when I view the image at the other breakpoints the image shrinks in size.

Is there a way to stop this? O do I manually have to resize every image on every breakpoint?

Thank you,
Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Yes, you have to set up the size manually for each breakpoint.

The better way would be, to finish design in one breakpoint, use an empty rectangle or image frame as a replacement for images and as soon as the design "breaks" add a breakpoint, resize image replacement and so on and like this it should work.

In your case, when you set up the breakpoints before, what some vendors suggest as well (Watch out for breakpoint maker),

you could also easily resize the image in every single breakpoint but als

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you have to set up the size manually for each breakpoint.

The better way would be, to finish design in one breakpoint, use an empty rectangle or image frame as a replacement for images and as soon as the design "breaks" add a breakpoint, resize image replacement and so on and like this it should work.

In your case, when you set up the breakpoints before, what some vendors suggest as well (Watch out for breakpoint maker),

you could also easily resize the image in every single breakpoint but also where you want to place images of course.

I am wondering about the "smallest breakpoint of 960? What about mobiles?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree the correct = design first then add breakpoints

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Uwe,

Thanks very much, that’s been helpful. l focus on like you say getting the overall layout done for one breakpoint then sort out the rest later.

with the 960 I just meant at the point I was at. The breakpoints will be smaller of course.

I’ve actually sorted the mobile out (pretty much), it’s handy that muse allows you to separate desktop / mobile / tablet designs .

best

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines