Import multiple hyperlinks to a page

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of hundred of hyperlinks in an Excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to import all of them at once to my site? If I try to paste the links they convert to text only and I'd like to avoid using the Muse Hyperlink function for each individual link. The links in a display format are for numerous past newsletters for my Rotary Club, Thanks! Ken 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  I'm afraid Muse was never capable of handling dynamic data.  Ideally, you would put those links into a real database like SQL that can be queried with server-side scripts and pulled into your web pages.  Excel is not a database.  It's a spreadsheet.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

Thank you for replying1 Unfortunately, I don't understand most of what you said except that you can't get hyperlinks from Excel to Muse. I do have Access so if I put the hyperlinks into Access, how do I get those on a Muse page? Appreciate your Help!

Ken

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might try exporting your Excel links to HTML.

Copy & paste the relevant HTML code into Muse.  But even that's a bit of a stretch  because Muse is not a code editor.   If you want to work with code, you need to use another product like Dreamweaver or Pinegrow. 

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines