• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing formatted text from Illustrator and page pagination

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi good people! I'm making a site for my good friend. He is an artist and he has a great drawings. I have 12 boxes with his latest work on front page and when you click on thumbnail, another page is open about that particular image. That's not the problem... The problem is that I have around 100 of images that I have to show on front page. I decide to go with 12 images per page. I did the preparation of the site in Illustrator and you can see at the bottom of page, I have some page number with next and previous button. I really do not know how to do it Muse. I need to stay in front page, just need to show another 12 images and so on, till the last one.

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 4.52.44 PM.png

And second thing is... I have nicely formatted text in Illustrator. When I copy text from Illustrator and paste it to Muse, I got a plain text and this is so frustrating! I have to do formatting from the beginning and I have a lot of text to show on site. I try paste to Word, Email, Indesign.. and than, copy that text and paste in Muse again, but still the same!

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Of course this is possible in Muse! Why should it not be?

In short:

• Place a composition with 4 target sheets.
  • Place your grid of images or rectangles into the composition.
  • Link these images/rectangles to the page, with in depth informations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, short version: You have wasted your time even going so far ahead in AI. Things simply work differently on the web. Your images would simply be a slideshow and the "pagination" would determine sections within this slideshow. Similar observations could be made for the text, though some formatting should be retained when pasting from some sources. Your info is too vague on that to really make sense like what exact versions are used, what specific formatting you applied and what your options in Muse are set.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pagination in the Muse can not be done.

The text must be formatted inside Muse. Muse is a self-sufficient tool for web design. If you are using Muse, you no longer need to use Photoshop and Illustrator to create a layout design. All this is done in the Muse immediately. Photoshop and Illustrator are transferred to the role of auxiliary programs for processing or creating individual images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm... I was afraid of that. Formatting text is not such a problem, I can deal with that. But pagination is something that I must have. This would be the whole front page... Each box has a project that needs to be opened on its own page with a detailed description. As far as I can see, It is not possible in muse.

123.jpg

Of course, thanks for the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course this is possible in Muse! Why should it not be?

In short:

• Place a composition with 4 target sheets.
  • Place your grid of images or rectangles into the composition.
  • Link these images/rectangles to the page, with in depth informations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not pagination, it is pseudo pagination. With so many images, a very slow page can turn out. And if it is necessary to administer it more often and add new works - there is no chance to do it in Muse if you do not want to commit suicide .
I love Muse, but I prefer to warn people against its use when it is not suitable for the task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The pictures are small and there will be no need for frequent updates. For now, this ends the job, if there is no better solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So simple! Thank you so much Mr. Günter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines