• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InBrowser Editing not working...again

Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I understand this is a Muse Community forum, however I have received no response from InBrowser Editing support for over 8 months. I guess they have all packed up and gone home.

I'm hoping somene in the Muse Community might have a soultion.

Trying to log into Inbrowser Editing results in the following message:

"The specified website does not appear to be created in Adobe Muse CC 2014 or later."

This is happening on multipe sites.

Note the sites are built entirely in Muse, and published via Muse FTP option.

Tested in Safari and Chrome Mac OSX Mojave.

TOPICS
Bugs , End of life , Error , How to , Product issue , Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m not sure, wether this alert comes up, when someone has build the website earlier than 2014 or if this is another issue.

Of course you published via Muse´s own publish tool and did not export as html to upload it manually, I hope/I guess?

Would you mind to provide a link to maybe one or two of your sites, done with Muse? Maybe some guys from the code-expirienced side come over and have a deeper look. Let´s see. Anyway this is annoying of course.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above ...the sites are built entirely in Muse, and published via Muse FTP option.

Muse version 2018.1

The issue is intermittant but repeating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Means, it sometimes work and sometimes doesn`t?

Please - Let´s hear from ankushr40215001 or Preran what they can tell us about that?

1)You won`t provide a link or some links to existing websites, regarding this issue(s)?

2)Did you use any or much of these 3rd party widgets? That might be an issue, if so.

3)I highly recommend to move your sites to something else. In my experience pinegrow did quite a very good job in using the html, provided by Muse. In all my cases sites look the same exporting "new" from pinegrow. Of course

there´s some work in the future that needs to be done with pinegrow and the learning curve for non coders (like I am) is quite challanging but the forum is helping there, too. Unfortunately I have no clue if Dw from Adobe can use the html as well, just in case you plan to stay with Adobe´s web tools. as of this reading I try XD, together with a "web export" plug in, to "draw" a test website, like one did in the past with Muse (kind of), then using that html with pinegrow. At least it gives a good view, not sure about those animations stuff from XD - have no idea, why one would use animations, if one cannot export it with it, but …

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been migrating websites to other platforms for the past 18 months 🙂

Still some to go.

Widgets are not the issue, the sites are stripped bare of Widgets.  Or if there are, they have been working fine since Muse 2018.1

Insert HTML has been used.

Nothing has changed on these websites for the last two years other than content updates.

I've been a Muse website builder for over 5 years and I'm pretty sure this is an InBrowser Edting (IBE) issue. 

It's just that the IBE team seem to be no longer providing support, hence why I am posting here.

Two sites tested that are the suffering the issue:

www.rajayogaacademy.com

www.yoga8.com.au (sorry posted a wrong link first time)

These are only two websites remaining that are edited by clients with IBE.

I have been using Adobe software since 1993. My software roadmap for the future is pretty much mapped out, and Adobe is no longer on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit, that did not know of an IBE Team. Just thought it´s the Muse team. Let`s see, how ankushr40215001 and/or Preran can make a stopover here.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines