• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inbrowser Editor

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that the muse inbrowser editor is not running any plans to get this back up and running? As I am now getting complaints from people that they can't log in to make changes

I have been building sites elsewhhere for awhile but still have a significant amount of websites that are in adobe muse.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

According to the End of Service announcement for Muse:

"As of July 31, 2020 sites published using Adobe Muse will no longer be editable using the Adobe In-Browser editing solution."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very sorry to hear that.  Ask your web host what has changed on the servers.

No, there a no plans to fix Muse or anything connected with it.  Muse is discontinued & unsupported. Read the announcement below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/important-announcement-support-for-adobe-muse-ends-today/td-p/11...

See if this related discussion from 2018 helps you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/inbrowser-editing-problems/td-p/9735915?page=1

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No and I understand that it is the inbrowser editor is down, not muse. The question is will they put it back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a request to Preran, a Muse employee, if he would be bable ti shed some light into this. Unfortunately Muse is under EOL since 2018 and will not be developed at all and so is IBE. It might be that browsers do not accept IBE anymore. I have in mind, that Adobe will not stop IBE so - as of this reading wether Safari nor Chrome both on Mojave and Catalina won`t accept the IBE site. Let`s see - 

KInd Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe

I'm using Mojave, and have never had a problem with IBE before on eith Safari, Firefox or Chrome. Have you heard anything from Preran regarding when this issue will be fixed. Myself and a lot of other users on here, have a  lot of angry clients who cannot currently update their websites...

Look forward to hearing from you....

Regards

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elton76

I'm suddenly having the same issue.....with clients asking me why they cant access https://inbrowserediting.adobe.com

I know that Muse won't be updated any more, but I can't believe that the In-Browser part will be stopped, as like you, I have several clients who regualrly update their sites.

Just had an online chat with somebdiy at Adobe who said "There has been a change in the interface which might be causing a problem, we have no updates about it"....and then "The back end team is working on the issue you are facing and there will be an update give out soon". 

I'm hoping soon is today or tomorrow, as this is a major problem....Muse is still a good programme.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andy,
I tried to contact Adobe about this, and basically they just pointed me to the forum. All I asked was a simple question - I can't get onto the in browser editor will you be fixing this, or will it be down permanently?

It was a simple question, and I just needed an answer to it so I can update my clients, then discuss with them an alternative (which I can provide). But I can't do this if I don't get an answer to a simple question.

I have been designing websites in something else for quite some time now, however like you and many designers I have a multitude of websites still under muse and many clients still use the editor. Please let me know when you hear something back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.....I really hope they get this sorted soon. Muse is still a good programme for the sites I have live, and for them to suddenly have a problem with the in-browser editing is not good....I will be very annoyed if they've suddenly stopped it without warning.

May I ask what other software you've been using to design sites? I'm looking for something similar to Muse, as I'm not fluent in HTML and Dreamweaver scares me! There's WithoutCode, but I don't think they allow third party servers to be used for all the files.

Regards

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using webflow, it's good it has an ability to export code (if
need be) but it also has a great content management system. It takes awhile
to learn but there are loads of online tutorials to help you. Do what I did
and use it on a small project first to learn.

--

[Personal info removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I am not Andy, I may lead your eyes to Nicepage and, if you are willing to dive deeper (end get muchmuchmore) Pinegrow. I was watching sparkleapp the other day and as of this reading it is too much iWeb and before the next update (which will come soon maybe - who knows) it lacks of some ā€¦

If you are into the full CC anyway you may have a look  at XD and use their plugin "export to html" (or something like this? One must search for plugins and find it) - you may then keep on with any webeditor - have not checked so far, if nicepage is able to read html but PG does almost perfect (read html from websites, from XD, from exported html out of muse). Page transitions and kind of animations are not exported with XD but ā€¦ thereĀ“s some really cool stuff with PG - AND no subscription which I prefer a lot.

In my experience so far - XD is not necessary in my business - might be usefull for large companies or teams or if really needs a big overview. It is also quite handsome to share with clients - allow comments and stuff, so ā€¦ .  Try by yourself but for me nicepage does prototype and programming quite well (as Muse did - but now much more conveniant - if you know what I mean).

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the info Elton and Uwe....I'll take a look at those suggestions.

Have a good day ahead!

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever you do choose something which enables you to export code, you will
regret it if you don't.

--

[Personal info removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the End of Service announcement for Muse:

"As of July 31, 2020 sites published using Adobe Muse will no longer be editable using the Adobe In-Browser editing solution."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THX for posting this

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines