• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert HTML object displays huge in Design and Properly in Preview

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am inserting HTML (like I normally do) via Object-Insert HTML.

The issue is that the window in the Design module is way over-sized and not correct. When I Preview or Publish, the HTML code is displayed at the proper and expected size. Obviously this makes designing a page almost impossible.

This seems like a bug, but since it's shutting me down I really need a solution now. Please help! !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Never use Microsoft Excel. It creates not correct, too messy code, which is also not a cross-browser compatibility. Use this service HTML Table generator - TablesGenerator.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should anyone help without seeing anything?

Screenshots, Links, …

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - I hope you can help! Here's what it's doing:

Design Mode:

Preview Mode and Published:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you get the code for the insertion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an .mht file created my Microsoft Excel.

It's worked forever for us and it publishes to any browser  correctly.

What I'm seeing is that only in design mode when we laser in the code it appears about double in size. Then when it's recalculated for the preview or for the Web it becomes correct.

The object in design mode is actually taking up space because it pushes the protection elements around as if that was the real size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never use Microsoft Excel. It creates not correct, too messy code, which is also not a cross-browser compatibility. Use this service HTML Table generator - TablesGenerator.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SlickMilw  написал(а)

It's worked forever for us and it publishes to any browser  correctly.

Never noticed that Microsoft Excel publishes to any browser  correctly. Only properly in Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have had decent success.

This seems like a program bug to me. The Design view version is about 2.5x the actual size, and then the Preview and actual output is the proper size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the first person who talks about the success with Microsoft Excel. I no longer know such examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay well at any rate, the view in Design Mode is different sized (much larger, about 2.5x) than what is previewed/published from Muse AND also what is seen on any online HTML viewer. If anyone can help with that specific issue I'd be grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines