• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert iframe with html5 site published from FrameMaker?

Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on making an html5 responsive site in Muse. On one of the pages I would like to insert an html5 site published from FrameMaker into an IFrame. Is that even possible? I can't make it work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can insert an inline frame into Muse. 

• Open the page in Design mode.
  • Click Object > Insert HTML.
  • Copy & paste the following code.

<iframe src="https://example.com" title="Inline Frame Example" style="height:650px; width:100%;">

</iframe>

For more on iframes, see link below.

<iframe>: The Inline Frame element | MDN

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I can't make it work though. I have the site which I try to embed/link to, lying in a separate folder named "HTML5". Inside that folder lies the Index.html file which opens the site. Linking the Iframe to the HTML5 folder and the index.html folder won't open the site in the Iframe, ufortunately.

I have tried copying all the content of the HTML5 folder into the root folder, but that won't work either.

Exporting the site and copying the HTML5 folders content into the export folder works so-so but requires that I rename the index.html which screws up the js files.

It does not look really easy to make this work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the iframe work with example.com as the target? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately everything needs to work offline. The site I am linking to, is stored offline and is a responsive site published out of FrameMaker. I have not been able to make the Iframe recognize the local site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StudioSm  wrote

Unfortunately everything needs to work offline.

Do you have a local testing server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the code for all widgets is stored online... if your custom network has zero outside ports then Muse will not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try https://adobe.ly/2KeW0rg

to be clear, only the iframe itself is responive because that is all Muse can control... whatever you point to with the iframe will follow its own rules as set down by its own host site *

* of course you can use an iframe to point to another Muse page on the same Muse host

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you answer. I tried installing the library file, but it seems it needs a site on the internet, and I need to link to a local file, because the site will run locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StudioSm  wrote

Thanks for you answer. I tried installing the library file, but it seems it needs a site on the internet, and I need to link to a local file, because the site will run locally.

1. an iframe can point to any page that a browser can... making it work on your network is the job of your host i.e, the local network may be set to some oddball ports via proxy server but Muse & Iframes don't have any control over that
  2. iframe [or any other type of Frame code] is under attack from US based internet censorship so understand that when you design your sites... don't worry Trump is in charge of all that

just to confirm you are using the widget right the three example images are; correct ip address, wrong ip address (or your firewall is blocking the net) & correct address but site is under internet censorship so you can't use an iframe

Screenshot (1958).png

Screenshot (1955).png

Screenshot (1956).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines