• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserted HTML code for audio clip, not working help?

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add/or embed an audio player, I have tried all the code listed here, it is not playing and I get errors. Here is what I have tried: object/html: <embed src="20 - Hot Dog.mp3" autostart="true" loop="true" hidden="true"></embed>  then tried it this way since it is inside a folder named audio: <embed src="audio/20 - Hot Dog.mp3" autostart="true" loop="true" hidden="true"></embed> still did not work, yes I uploaded the sound file to BC, I published on BC for testing purposes. Next I tried the full pathway: <embed src="sassy hot dogs/audio/20 - Hot Dog.mp3" autostart="true" loop="true" hidden="true"></embed> still did not work. I opened up Dreamweaver HTML5 page and inserted an audio player and set all my properties in the panel, IT WORKS! So, I copied the html code:

<audio title="sassy dog dance" preload="auto" autoplay="autoplay" loop="loop" >
  <source src="20 - Hot Dog.mp3" type="audio/mp3">
  <source src="Hot Dog Song.wav" type="audio/wav">
</audio>

Went back to Muse and pasted into HTML, did not work. The file is in the asset panel, I added as an upload file and uploaded to BC again. I then changed path using full pathway, did not work changed pathway to assets/20 - Hot Dog.mp3 still does not work. Then I went to Media Encoder and then tried inserting that file as well, still works in Dreamweaver, but not in Muse. Any suggestions? I DO NOT want to use a third party widget, I have several of those in Muse library, but they don't allow me to set the playback options that I want or the hidden player value.

loop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

FYI I figured it out in case anyone wants to know. This is how I did it. I deleted the HTML5 audio player from the Muse insert/HTML completely. I then uploaded the site through FTP to the clients host. I logged into the Cpanel of the host, went to the audio folder on the host opened and manually uploaded the mp3 and wav files to that folder on the directory. I went back to the Cpanel, opened up the index.html page in the host editor and inserted this code

<audio title="sassy dog dance" preload="a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI I figured it out in case anyone wants to know. This is how I did it. I deleted the HTML5 audio player from the Muse insert/HTML completely. I then uploaded the site through FTP to the clients host. I logged into the Cpanel of the host, went to the audio folder on the host opened and manually uploaded the mp3 and wav files to that folder on the directory. I went back to the Cpanel, opened up the index.html page in the host editor and inserted this code

<audio title="sassy dog dance" preload="auto" autoplay="autoplay" loop="loop" hidden="true">

<source src="audio/20 - Hot Dog.mp3" type="audio/mp3">

<source src="audio/Hot Dog Song.wav" type="audio/wav">

</audio>

Notice the path references the directory folder the audio files are in called audio/

So, there it is, the solution to placing an audio player that is hidden, autoplays, and loops. If you want it visible leave out hidden="", if you want it to play only once change to loop="false" or just leave it out, if you don't want it to auto play change to autoplay="false" or just leave out. There's more than one way to "skin" a cat, pun intended

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines