Highlighted

Inserting a widget as html?

Participant ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, so on the home page for my site, I'd like to insert a weather forecast widget from this site:

Free Weather Widget for your Website or Blog - theweather.com

I've used plenty of widgets in muse so far that I've downloaded from the abobe muse website.

Is it possible to insert a widget like this one thats from an outside website when all they give you is html to enter into your website?

Here is the html that was generated based off of they way I set up the widget, how would I go about inserting this onto my homepage, if I can at all?

<div id="cont_8c85bafd79d45ac647a8d5da655c58a0"><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://www.theweather.com/wid_loader/8c85bafd79d45ac647a8d5da655c58a0"></script></div>

Thanks for your help everyone!

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Inserting a widget as html?

Participant ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, so on the home page for my site, I'd like to insert a weather forecast widget from this site:

Free Weather Widget for your Website or Blog - theweather.com

I've used plenty of widgets in muse so far that I've downloaded from the abobe muse website.

Is it possible to insert a widget like this one thats from an outside website when all they give you is html to enter into your website?

Here is the html that was generated based off of they way I set up the widget, how would I go about inserting this onto my homepage, if I can at all?

<div id="cont_8c85bafd79d45ac647a8d5da655c58a0"><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://www.theweather.com/wid_loader/8c85bafd79d45ac647a8d5da655c58a0"></script></div>

Thanks for your help everyone!

Views

Translate

Translate

Jan 11, 2018 0
Advocate ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If what you want is like this >> . page-1

Menu | Object | Insert HTML . .

Translate

Translate

Jan 11, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you just try it?

Copy the code and paste it into your website, a frame gets created with the content you set up.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-11 um 22.43.12.png

It might be tricky with responsiveness as the size is always the same, but with placing it from breakpoint to breakpoint,

it works pretty well, I guess. I don't know, though, how your widget should appear – how you set it up "the weather.com"

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Jan 11, 2018 1
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had no idea you could just copy and paste code directly onto the page!!!

Translate

Translate

Jan 11, 2018 0
Advocate ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you've inserted your widget you could add some effects >>

http://jforbes.org/99/test.html

1234.jpg

Translate

Translate

Jan 11, 2018 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you set the widget up they ask for an email address... the id code they give links back to that address

so if your host server allows that link back to the weather database + you gave them a real email then yes it should work

p.s, technically this is not a widget but just code... the ui interface that you used on their site to setup this code is a type of widget

Translate

Translate

Jan 11, 2018 1
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I got my widget into the muse file but I'm noticing that when I preview my site in chrome the widget is moved slightly up a few pixels out of place.

Any idea why this widget is in the correct place on my page in the muse file but whenever I preview it in chrome its not?

Translate

Translate

Jan 15, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

preview is a ruf-guide... publish the site to a free Adobe BC and test how it works in the real internet

Translate

Translate

Jan 15, 2018 1