Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting text box and rectangle into text box

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help

I am attempting to place a rectangle and text box inside a text box. I want the rectangle to be the background of the text box. The reason is that I want the text and background to have different transparency levels in the rollover state.

Problem: When I paste the cut Text box & rectangle into a new textbox, they are placed stacked. Even though I again arrange so that the rectangle is at the back, when I preview in the rollover state it still appears off - see screenshot 3.

How can I make sure that the rectangle aligns with the text box?

The overall reason for why I am doing this, is that I want this "button" to have its on rollover state when inserted into a state button (related to a previous discussion I created). https://forums.adobe.com/message/10214045#10214045

Formatting buttons Muse 2.png

Formatting buttons Muse 1.png

Formatting buttons Muse 3.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

I think, I don’t understand, what you try to achieve.

Do you want a text box placed inline into another text box, and this „inner“ text box should change a background image according to its states?

If yes: Wy don’t you use a text box, fill its background with an image, and change the opacity of this image by using the „Fill“ panel (attention: Not the „Fill“ command in the upper control strip).?

If it isn’t this, what you are looking for, please specify your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey sophb,

I invite our expert Günter Heißenbüttel who helped you out in the previous thread shall be able to guide you with this further.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think, I don’t understand, what you try to achieve.

Do you want a text box placed inline into another text box, and this „inner“ text box should change a background image according to its states?

If yes: Wy don’t you use a text box, fill its background with an image, and change the opacity of this image by using the „Fill“ panel (attention: Not the „Fill“ command in the upper control strip).?

If it isn’t this, what you are looking for, please specify your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines