• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Irregularities between Design and Preview or Browser

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new so maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I can't match the Design and with the Preview nor Browser. I've looked at similar posts. I tried to apply suggestions of grouping items. But I have a slideshow, which does not want to stay at the top and doesn't want to be grouped with something else. Can't find the answer anywhere. (Picture lighter Preview picture 'cos slideshow, no problems there)

Please help if you can, thank you!

Muse_design.jpegMuse_preview.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Several issues:

• Please unlock your elements on layout page.
  • Hide the thumbnails of your slideshow! They now are visible in layout mode on the very top outside the page boundaries.
  • Now – for demonstration purposes – fill the hero area of your slideshow with a color, for example yellow. If you preview your page and resize the browser window, you now will see, that your slideshow behaves absolute correctly, but the images aren’t scaling as expected.
  • Open the slide show’s configuration panel and set the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as always in these cases: Use Dropbox or a similar file sharing service to provide us a sample .muse file. Only one page, only the slideshow with one image and the elements above the slide show. This is necessary, because nobody want to dig through tons of elements to find the cause of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to my files

WeTransfer

Thank you,

Sylvie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have a look tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several issues:

• Please unlock your elements on layout page.
  • Hide the thumbnails of your slideshow! They now are visible in layout mode on the very top outside the page boundaries.
  • Now – for demonstration purposes – fill the hero area of your slideshow with a color, for example yellow. If you preview your page and resize the browser window, you now will see, that your slideshow behaves absolute correctly, but the images aren’t scaling as expected.
  • Open the slide show’s configuration panel and set the hero image to "Fill Frame Proportionally" instead of "Fit Content Proportionally".
  • You’ll now see, that the slideshow behaves fine, until you resize the browser windos very small: Then, the top menu will begin to push down the slide show again. But that is a mere layout issue …
  • If you want to "streamline" your layout: Click onto the small double arrow icons to the right/left of the breakpoint bar. This will stretch the complete page (not only some elements)  browser wide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Many thanks. I managed to sort out all but one problems. I clicked the small double arrow icons both sides of the breakpoint bar so they point outwards. I did it on the A-Master as well. But I can't get the navigation bar to re-size. Sorry for being a bit "thick", I'm just starting with Muse.

nav_bar_resize.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The menu is scaling, but only horizontally. If it would scale vertically too, the font size would have to be minimised to an unreadable dimension.

To solve this problem, look at which size the menu "breaks". Here you can create a new breakpoint and – by right clicking onto the menu – you can hide it ("Hide in Breakpoint" and place a new one with an appropriate size. This one, you have to hide in other breakpoints (right click onto it and choose "Hide in other Breakpoints").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines