• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Dreamweaver an alternative to Muse ?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Dreamweaver an alternative to use instead of Muse ? I am busy finishing off my updated website in Muse but will now have to look for a new programme to use to keep my website up to date with new features ...

I believe I will need to re-build the website form the ground up (again) as Dreamweaver will not import this website.

What an expensive excerise ! not to mention time - both in rebuilding the website and learning a new programme.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in shock, the only compelling reason for keeping my subscription afloat has just vanished. Adobe's strategy: Move the community away from coding, get them hooked on Muse, then dump those customers. The attitude this move reflects has me seriously wondering what kind of company Adobe has become. Obviously Investors have become more important than clients. Your strategy will backfire Adobe. I have migrated to other apps before, but this time I believe I will be migrating companies!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be exported for use after migration.

I have started a discussion on discussing alternative solutions and migration paths Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse? and will be inviting our experts here to participate. Please bookmark this forum post for reference.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's "back to the future" for me, because I haven't used Dreamweaver much since I have been somewhat "spoiled" by the convenience of Muse.

But some Muse features actually seem less convenient if you know how to code a bit.

Best of luck to all. I'm staying with Adobe--and hoping that Adobe keeps Dreamweaver!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other platforms are the future...don’t think many will “hitch their wagon“ to Adobe anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So many great programs though. I do enjoy that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines