Highlighted

Is it possible by java to access Adobe Muse page elements in design mode

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By lunching or previewing an Adobe Muse page, it's possible by a widget to access all the document/page elements and manipulate them.

But i would like the widget to access the page elements while i'm in design mode.

Similar to <builtIn> pageTitle can give access to page content while in design mode.

If i have placed multiple text frames on the page, how can i generate a node list and then access the different nodes while working in design mode?

TOPICS
Mucow development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is it possible by java to access Adobe Muse page elements in design mode

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By lunching or previewing an Adobe Muse page, it's possible by a widget to access all the document/page elements and manipulate them.

But i would like the widget to access the page elements while i'm in design mode.

Similar to <builtIn> pageTitle can give access to page content while in design mode.

If i have placed multiple text frames on the page, how can i generate a node list and then access the different nodes while working in design mode?

TOPICS
Mucow development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 02, 2018 0
Guide ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no builtin for this and I would say, whilst you could write a JS function to gather the info, it would be really difficult to do in design mode as the nodes would be constantly changing as you add and remove elements. The preferred method is to use arbitrary styles.

David

Creative Muse

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

But I can't find the elements. When i'm using document.documentElement.children or document.body.children it's just the nodes from my placed widget that can be found while in design mode. So how to address other elements on the page while in design mode.

Some of the manipulation i need to do is done by style and that takes effect immediately within the placed widget but not on other text frames outside the widget frame before the page is viewed.

I'm using paragraph style in muse. And the paragraph style will then give the selected text a class.

And then both my style and java target the text with that class. But it looks like muse don't give the text class before it's being parsed for output

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2018 0
Guide ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, that's the nature of the beast. The designer interface is a hybrid and, as you surmised, much of the code is generated at compile time. That’s why they gave us the builtin tags.

David

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2018 0