• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to show a slide show inside a composition widget?

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a "blank" composition widget which I have styled up to make a carousel with three buttons and target slides.

In one of these slides is a picture. The client has asked if it is possible to click on that picture within one of the slides and view as lightbox image (A lightbox background where the image scales to maximum viewable area)

I realise this is almost certainly a composition within a composition and after a quick try - I realise that it is probably not possible.

Anyone have and idea? Here is the layout of the composition below, with image, text and three target button triggers for each slide.

test.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Of course this is possible.

• Place a composition and drag the slideshow onto the canvas.
  • Place a lightbox slideshow and hide the hero images initially by deselecting „Show widget parts while editing.".
  • Drag the thumbnail container into the composition target.

Here a sample .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5xvxftksclyrqj/Slideshow-in-Composition.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course this is possible.

• Place a composition and drag the slideshow onto the canvas.
  • Place a lightbox slideshow and hide the hero images initially by deselecting „Show widget parts while editing.".
  • Drag the thumbnail container into the composition target.

Here a sample .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5xvxftksclyrqj/Slideshow-in-Composition.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gunter. I will give it a whirl.

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter,

Getting my head around the usage of this in responsive environment - One question, when dragging the Hero Container, what does the Tooltip with percentages mean?

Also, with adaptive design where I have a few fixed breakpoints, I am able to place lightbox happily enough - And get it to fit nicely to page width - But if I try and make it fluid responsive, by placing it outside of page area to edge of breakpoint and then setting the hero image to "responsive width and height" I note that it does not make it fluid / responsive. I guess, because they are fixed breakpoints, a full screen image which responds fluidly is not possible?

Sorry if not clear - tell me if I should share an example.

Cliff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This indicated the actual scaling size of the image within the hero container.

If you see 50% for example, this means, that your image is placed at 50 % pixel size in comparision to its original size,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines