• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to update a website from the live site?

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

So I have just opened Muse to update a website but for some reason I have lost the latest file version of the site...

Is it possible to grab all of the information from the site that is currently live and add it to the Muse file on my PC?

Thanks, Jay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

No, this isn't possible. Compare it to PDF: You can't reconstruct an InDesign document from a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this isn't possible. Compare it to PDF: You can't reconstruct an InDesign document from a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn... That's very annoying!

When someone makes a change using Inbrowserediting.com then the changes can be integrated into the Muse site so I was hoping it would also have the functionality to bring in the assets etc from a live site.

Guess I'll just have to rebuild it then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With InBrowser editing you are able to replace some (not all) elements by others. You aren’t able to change or extend the structure of your site, your pages, master pages, layers and so on.

How would you reconstruct – let’s say – a composition widget nested into an accordion? In code output there are no compositions or accordions, there are simple and single primitive elements.

Would you be able to re-build a house, if someone gives you a heap of bricks, limber, tubes and wires and nothing else – not even a construction plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines