Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Muse resampling all images?

Guide ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

I haven't been able to find an answer to what these tooltips in the assets panel are indicating. I've read all the relevant Muse docs about how Muse resamples images.

1) The first tooltip indicates the image is being resampled to the same size...is this correct? If so, How can I prevent this?

2) The second tooltip indicates that an image has been resized and therefore resampled a bit smaller, is this correct?

3) All of my assets' tooltips show they are being resampled (as in the first tooltip). Is this correct?

I can't find an explanation of how to interpret this.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

It‘s simply an ambiguous denotation! There is no resampling in this case (original dimensions = placed dimensions).

You can check this quite simply: Export the page as HTML and compare the output image with the original image. There is no difference at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is handled by muse depending on how you prepare it and how it is used/needed in the muse site.

Muse does no resampling by itself, only if necessary.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To prevent any resampling, prepare the images in exactly(!) the size, in which you place them. Otherwise Muse resamples them to the needed dimensions to optimise loading time.

For more profound information read here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2371157

Or my answer 4 here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1793996

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Muse does resample images in some cases

yes this can cause an asset error if the image file is not stored with the rest of the Muse images i.e, in the assets folder on the local system then it can give a fake error message when Muse upgrades a .muse file more than one build i.,e Muse 2015 to muse 2017 for example

Adobe knows about this bug and the workaround is to rebuild the Muse site again but imo Günter has the best advice with make the images exactly the size needed to start with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the replies on how best practices for image handling. I have read all documentation on that subject and adhere to it all.

My questions here is different though, please see my original post.

To make this more understandable, I'll simply ask this way:

1) What does the tooltip indicate when it displays "resampled size"?

My interpretation is that the image is being sampled, even though Muse indicates the "original size" and the "resampled size" are identical. If that interpretation is correct, then the tooltip makes no sense.

So, my question is not regarding best practices for images within Muse, it is rather, what is the meaning of these apparently contradictory tooltips.

Thank you for any replies about the tooltip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If „Resampled Asset Size“ is the same as „Page Item Size“ the image isn’t touched at all by Muse. (There is an exception, which is mentioned in one of my links above, and this also refers to „Resampled Asset Size“ (images exceeding 2048 px width or height).

A valid explanation is given here: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/how-to/muse-size-resolution-graphics.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Günter,

I understand you regarding images > 2048 px.....not the case here though.

I understand you regarding the comparison of the "resampled" and "page item" sizes. (image #2)

But in image #1 all three dimensions are identical, so just to be clear about that situation, Muse shows the "resampled" size as identical to the "original asset size". But does this mean it is NOT being resampled at all?

I'm assuming that since the tooltip says it is being resampled I must be concerned and try to eliminate the resampling.

It could be that I am not understanding the Muse definition of "resampling". I am expecting to see *no resampling" at all since I am importing images with the exact dimensions I need and I do not resize them anywhere. So perhaps Muse resamples everything no matter what I do?

Thank you for your patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It‘s simply an ambiguous denotation! There is no resampling in this case (original dimensions = placed dimensions).

You can check this quite simply: Export the page as HTML and compare the output image with the original image. There is no difference at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines