• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Muse responsive design worth it?

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a couple of years, I’ve had a website built in Muse on the Desktop, Tablet & Mobile system.

This was working (I thought) until recently I found some rather large discrepancies in the way Google was indexing the page e.g. putting both the mobile + Desktop links to different versions of the same page under the website preview meaning on a desktop result I could click through to the phone version and vice versa.

I’ve been testing ways in which I can shift over to a fluid version

Here are some issues I’m having

We’re a movie/event theatre and churn through hundreds of events on our films & events page - I need to work out a way to shift/stack the events by date + be able to add /delete extra films without going through a ton of breakpoints & shifting manually each time (http://avocatheatre.com.au/our-films---events)

Not being able to opt for a responsive width when dealing with images (and composition widgets), It would be great just to be able to work horizontally without things shifting up and sometimes right/left at the same time with the responsive width + height option

We have a sessions time page which generates html code + deletes old dates as the day ends - I have no idea how to scale this down within muse

(http://avocatheatre.com.au/session-times)

I’ve tried a number of themes, widgets (both in-built & third party) and wireframes to help solve these issues but haven’t had any breakthroughs

Is it possible & more importantly EASY to do within Muse or should I scrap that and shift over to something like Wordpress + Divi?

Here's the website currently - HOME - AVOCA BEACH PICTURE THEATRE

Cheers,

Dale

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Joomla + a month to study it will solve all your problems. In Muse you can not create dynamic directories and effectively administer them. Adding new content leads to hellish manual work through the passage of all breakpoints. Muse is simply not meant for this. The most important thing before starting work on the site is to choose the appropriate platform for it. Muse is not the only and far from universal tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No itsnot worth it ime... Your site is not very good for phone but it is possible to use it. On the other hand Adobe forums are absolutely atrocities design but nobody cares

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

So your thought is scrap Muse all together in favor of another program or just attempt to create a new website within Muse?

I agree 100% and it's a pain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use Dreamweaver if I had to remake that site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I've got little coding experience so that isn't an option for me at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joomla + a month to study it will solve all your problems. In Muse you can not create dynamic directories and effectively administer them. Adding new content leads to hellish manual work through the passage of all breakpoints. Muse is simply not meant for this. The most important thing before starting work on the site is to choose the appropriate platform for it. Muse is not the only and far from universal tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines