• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a scroll-like effect that reacts to the browser width?

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
As Mention in Topic.
What I would like to do is change the object (logo) position and rotation in response to the width of the browser.

Is it doable?

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

I guess, wether the position nor the "rotation" can be changed with muse´s interface by browser width.

Still I don`t understand the rotation of elements. There´s no such thing as "rotation" in scroll effects nor anything referring to breakpoints.

If you could share an example with us, where you have seen something like this, but you are right with

cyBartek

"why the heck you would like to have such an interaction"

Far from that, if the browser width gets changed manually by users, it is one thing –

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the position, this could be done with breakpoints. I don't understand the rotation?

Could you provide an example? Screenshots?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fixed breakpoints, there's scroll effect available that allows changing position and rotation of objects. I would like to have the same option related to browser width, so when I'm changing the width of the browser (by dragging its side left or right) objects are moving fluently (every width value responds to objects position value).
For example:
If width value (wv) is 1200 then object (O) is set to X,Y position
if wv=1199 then O is X,Y-1px

if wv=1198 then O is X,Y-2px

if wv=1197 then O is X,Y-3px

if wv=1196 then O is X,Y-4px

if wv=1195 then O is X,Y-5px

if wv=1194 then O is X,Y-6px

if wv=1193 then O is X,Y-7px

and so on..

I understand that this could be done with the breakpoints, but this would mean a hell of a lot of them.
I also imagine you're wondering "why the heck you would like to have such an interaction" as normal people don't use websites playing with its width, but Is till would like to know if its possible.
Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess, wether the position nor the "rotation" can be changed with muse´s interface by browser width.

Still I don`t understand the rotation of elements. There´s no such thing as "rotation" in scroll effects nor anything referring to breakpoints.

If you could share an example with us, where you have seen something like this, but you are right with

cyBartek

"why the heck you would like to have such an interaction"

Far from that, if the browser width gets changed manually by users, it is one thing – responsiveness is meant to fulfill different screens and so normally not only the width changes but also the height. So how would you take care of this (how should the web do this)?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, there is no rotation in scroll effect. I was pretty sure I saw it in some tutorial. I see there is some option to animate objects with Adobe Edge Animate, but that's a new area to explore for me.

Anyway I can live without 'movement effect in response to width'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am relieved, great .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines