• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an easy way to create or import tables into muse

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a website that used tables for things like league tables and results, but I need an easy way of placing them into muse.

I've had a go at creating tables in dreamweaver and importing the resulting html and i've created tables in Indesign and imported them as jpegs, but this obviously then does not allow me to edit on the fly.

Can anybody help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

This one has come up before on the other forum many times, and as yet there is no way to import editable tables directly in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made tables in both Dreamweaver and in html, but it seems like when I import them, it messes up the look of other things I already have on the page in Muse, like text or the menu items. I'm not very versed in either Dreamweaver or html, but there must be something in the imported code that's overriding what's already on the page. Can someone help me? I just wish you could create tables in Muse. I've recently upgraded to the newest version. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue specifically regarding how the th element is styled. If you want to style this in bold, note that the default Muse CSS file  renders th as the current page style. As a result, to render a th in bold you need to create another CSS file, then specify the th with bold. Do you have the HTML code for the table? If you can post it I'd like to see it and trey to figure out what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

If you want to stay in Muse and not even install DW like me, a neat trick is to use text frames within a text frame (container) and form your own custom grid!

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel,

How do you mean? That you make just text frames here and there? How do you make text frame inside a text frame? Did not quite understand...

Regards

Anna-Maija

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the visual example below:

Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 12.22.55 AM.png

It's not semantically proper but as long as your paragraph leading and spacing and type sizes are consistent, the text frames will show a consistent baseline across. The advantage with (anchored) frames is that they flow with the rest of the content in that main text frame/container. It becomes a global div really so when you have to add new content somewhere in between, new lines/rows will just push the following contents down. In the example above, those slimmer text frames are on one baseline. If I want more padding above or below I simply add it in space after input field in text options. The trick here is to decide the number of columns you plan to use and formulate a consistent width for those columns/text frames so they look legit. jam3sfrisco‌ this is what I meant to show you ages ago! Sorry for the delay. (Just a heads up, this approach can throw things in the Design space to look scattered but when you preview in a browser it's true.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol just looking at the example closer and i seem to have an inconsistent leading or space after from the first column under the 'Colour' section, so not the best example of a clean outcome. The prices in the the subsequent columns should line up with the for rows under Quantity. 'Rich Black' section is more accurate with the headers lining up properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

This is a useful tool that generates the code for you which you can insert as HTML (Create LaTeX tables online)!

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines