• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this a joke? Please tell me Muse doesn't stop!

Participant ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am a graphic designer and i am using Muse since 2012. I followed several (paid) Muse trainings from certified Adobe trainers in Utrecht. I started my business last year and have created several websites for my clients and they rely on my expertise. I hope your announcement of stopping Muse is a hoax, because this would mean the end of my core business. I can't believe this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it will devistate my business   

what do i tell all my customers in a years time  sorry will have to start again    its outrageous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats also what i think, its a hoax. But i think its a really sick decision

Ik zat er in ieder geval ook net een beetje in, ook met alle investeringen van widgets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be exported for use after migration.

I have started a discussion on discussing alternative solutions and migration paths Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse? and will be inviting our experts here to participate. Please bookmark this forum post for reference.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, thank you for your reply. You always answered my questions.

Frustration is an understatement. I have some experience with Wordpress and Wix, but the templates do not match the needs of my clients to be exclusive. My USP's are killed with Adobe's decision. I do not write code and i was once told by my certified Adobe teacher that Muse was going to be big and eventually it would replace Dreamweaver. I never saw this coming. I am really worried about my business and don't know how to tell my clients (or maybe they have already been informed by BC?) who spent their money on a website that will go down whithin 1 or 2 years. I feel scammed by Adobe big time.

Thanks, Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

If there were easy answers, I would have provided them by now. I am hoping that after we are past discussing the announcement, people and experts on the link that I shared above will provide other solutions that I may not be aware of.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, i already signed up. Spark is great for posts and pages. I just hope that designers will not be forced into standard templates for their clients. Thank you. Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does it again. Kills a great program for no reason. First, it was DPS, the Animate and now Muse. Why in the world would you kill off Muse? Why? It's a great program that enables designers to build web pages and sites. It's ridiculous. I could not be more angry at this move. So much so, I think it might be time to move away from Adobe completely. It's not like you cannot find plenty of alternatives to Photoshop, Illustrator, or Indesign. I've been at odds with the direction of Adobe for years now. Way to innovate Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes lots of people do use DIY sites but often they look like it and that was why Muse worked so well, allowing designers rather than coders the opportunity to 'design' a site for their customers that looks different rather than just a template. Very bad decision that will effect a lot of people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be fooled here. This is all about money. Adobe can't stand people building websites when they don't get a lick of the ice cream. Just exactly why they killed off DPS. They are killing Muse so they can create a Wix/Weebly service and charge you for it on a site by site basis. Can't wait when this happens to Photoshop. You are literally killing industries, business, and careers Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This better be a joke Adobe!!!! Guess we will see April 2nd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines