Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue opening site with Adobe Muse 2018.1

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Muse had been working fine for some time for me, but now when I open the latest version of my site, Muse just crashes. Here are the error messages I see in the event log:

Application: Muse.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at MuseCore.FTPDotnetProxy.Login(System.String, System.String)
   at MuseCore.FTP.Login(System.String, System.String)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

and

Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.0.266, time stamp: 0x5aa267b3

Faulting module name: libcurl.dll, version: 7.49.1.0, time stamp: 0x57604aa4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000167472

Faulting process id: 0x742c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d53039b0b50d91

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\libcurl.dll

Report Id: 790b573f-7ce7-4ad9-ac17-6083723185fe

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Bell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Try creating a new computer user account with full administrative permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator moved topic from Adobe Creative Cloud to Help with using Adobe Muse​.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should also add: I have had success opening a very old version of the site, but the last three versions all have the same issue when I go to open them. Note: Every time I edit the site I change the version number in the filename, so the last three versions all crash Muse when I go to open them.

Things I have tried so far:

1) Completely uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Creative Cloud and Muse.

2) Attempted to load site with an older version of Muse (2017), but it was not compatible.

Things I still need to try:

1) Fresh install on a different machine with a brand new user profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So a fresh installation on a separate machine worked. No problems opening the files. Now: What can I do to get it working on my primary machine again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new computer user account with full administrative permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nancy,

I can confirm that creating a new user profile on a new machine did the trick, but this still doesn't solve my problem on the primary machine. I can of course wipe out my profile on my primary machine in the domain (locally on the machine itself), but then I'll have lost a bunch of other apps, settings, certificates, etc. in the process. I could of course establish a new profile on the machine with a new user account, but then I'm going to be switching between accounts any time I need to use Muse. I was hoping for some kind of actual fix of the issue itself. I've tried repairing my .NET framework installations, for example, but that was still a no go. Can you think of anything else to try. Wiping my profile is my last resort at this point.

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try resetting Preferences as described in the related discussion below. 

Muse cc 2018 crashes on startup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nancy. Tried that but still have the same issue. The odd thing about this is that it only happens with the newer files. For example: I can open Muse itself and it won't crash until I actually go to open one of the newer versions of the site. If I open an older version of the site, it actually works. It's only the newer files that crash out. I tried saving a newer version to Creative Cloud on the computer with the fresh install and then opening it on the primary machine and it still crashes out. Looks like the profile wipe might be the only way to get it working correctly again. That or I may just keep the fresh install on the other machine and use it there since we are getting so close to the EOL date anyway. I do appreciate your support, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find another way to kind of go around the problem. I created a local user profile on the system and started Muse using "Run As" command and then opened the file using the newly created user. It loaded right up. So it is definitely some kind of permission issue. I can live doing it this way for now, for sure. Again. Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is EOL.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And? Everyone knows this. Your comment contributes nothing. Plenty of folks are still using it while planning their transition... Further, your reply came 8 days after I found a work around...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TechNashville  wrote

Further, your reply came 8 days after I found a work around...

Why are you being so testy?  This is a public forum.  People can and do resurrect posts from 10 years ago.  Get used to it.   If you don't want copies sent to your e-mail address, turn off e-mail in your forum preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not being testy. I'm also aware this is a public forum. I simply said telling us that Muse is EOL doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TechNashville

close to the EOL date anyway

No, Muse is EOL since a year.

TechNashville  wrote

Plenty of folks are still using it while planning their transition... Further, your reply came 8 days after I found a work around...

Yes. I did not answer this for you because all the other who don't know. This is nothing to argue further.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. That makes more sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I finally stumbled across a way to fix this. It turns out that the FTP credentials I previously used in Muse's FTP upload feature were causing the issue. If you open Windows Control Panel and go to Credential Manager and find an entry for Adobe Muse FTP and clear the credentials, the issue will be fixed. Or it least it was in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe Muse is not working on your new device as it will open load and then immediately shut down. There is a quick fix solution to this problem

Step one: Download the most current version of Adobe Muse
Step two: Copy the PlugPlugOwl.dll from Adobe Indesign
Step three: Copy the VulcanMessage5.dll from Adobe Indesign
Step Four: Run Adobe Muse in Windows 8 compatibility mode

If you do not know how to open in Windows compatibility mode this to is a simple solution.
First, open Windows Explorer and navigate to wherever you have installed adobe muse.
Now right-click on mouse and click "Show More Options"(shift+f10)
Then find "Troubleshoot compatibility" This will walk you through setting up the program to run in compatibility mode and also allow you to save these settings for future openings.

Also if you love this solution, then give me the adobe firefly beta! Im dying for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry..... but on my computer it still opens and closes immedatly. No change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no need to apologize. You're the one with the problem, so I'm here to help. I would try taking both Vulcan files from the other app and trying different compatibility settings for your computer. Muse was discontinued in 2018, so any patches or fixes we have are just temporary fixes. I suggest you do more testing and less complaining about people trying to help. That's the best advice I can give.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines