Muse had been working fine for some time for me, but now when I open the latest version of my site, Muse just crashes. Here are the error messages I see in the event log:
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at MuseCore.FTPDotnetProxy.Login(System.String, System.String)
at MuseCore.FTP.Login(System.String, System.String)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.0.266, time stamp: 0x5aa267b3
Faulting module name: libcurl.dll, version: 188.8.131.52, time stamp: 0x57604aa4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000167472
Faulting process id: 0x742c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d53039b0b50d91
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\libcurl.dll
Report Id: 790b573f-7ce7-4ad9-ac17-6083723185fe
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Any help would be much appreciated.
Should also add: I have had success opening a very old version of the site, but the last three versions all have the same issue when I go to open them. Note: Every time I edit the site I change the version number in the filename, so the last three versions all crash Muse when I go to open them.
Things I have tried so far:
1) Completely uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Creative Cloud and Muse.
2) Attempted to load site with an older version of Muse (2017), but it was not compatible.
Things I still need to try:
1) Fresh install on a different machine with a brand new user profile.
OK. So a fresh installation on a separate machine worked. No problems opening the files. Now: What can I do to get it working on my primary machine again?
Try creating a new computer user account with full administrative permissions.
I can confirm that creating a new user profile on a new machine did the trick, but this still doesn't solve my problem on the primary machine. I can of course wipe out my profile on my primary machine in the domain (locally on the machine itself), but then I'll have lost a bunch of other apps, settings, certificates, etc. in the process. I could of course establish a new profile on the machine with a new user account, but then I'm going to be switching between accounts any time I need to use Muse. I was hoping for some kind of actual fix of the issue itself. I've tried repairing my .NET framework installations, for example, but that was still a no go. Can you think of anything else to try. Wiping my profile is my last resort at this point.
You could try resetting Preferences as described in the related discussion below.
Hey Nancy. Tried that but still have the same issue. The odd thing about this is that it only happens with the newer files. For example: I can open Muse itself and it won't crash until I actually go to open one of the newer versions of the site. If I open an older version of the site, it actually works. It's only the newer files that crash out. I tried saving a newer version to Creative Cloud on the computer with the fresh install and then opening it on the primary machine and it still crashes out. Looks like the profile wipe might be the only way to get it working correctly again. That or I may just keep the fresh install on the other machine and use it there since we are getting so close to the EOL date anyway. I do appreciate your support, though!
I did find another way to kind of go around the problem. I created a local user profile on the system and started Muse using "Run As" command and then opened the file using the newly created user. It loaded right up. So it is definitely some kind of permission issue. I can live doing it this way for now, for sure. Again. Thanks for all your help.
Muse is EOL.
And? Everyone knows this. Your comment contributes nothing. Plenty of folks are still using it while planning their transition... Further, your reply came 8 days after I found a work around...
Further, your reply came 8 days after I found a work around...
Why are you being so testy? This is a public forum. People can and do resurrect posts from 10 years ago. Get used to it. If you don't want copies sent to your e-mail address, turn off e-mail in your forum preferences.
I'm not being testy. I'm also aware this is a public forum. I simply said telling us that Muse is EOL doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.
close to the EOL date anyway
No, Muse is EOL since a year.
Plenty of folks are still using it while planning their transition... Further, your reply came 8 days after I found a work around...
Yes. I did not answer this for you because all the other who don't know. This is nothing to argue further.
OK. That makes more sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
So I finally stumbled across a way to fix this. It turns out that the FTP credentials I previously used in Muse's FTP upload feature were causing the issue. If you open Windows Control Panel and go to Credential Manager and find an entry for Adobe Muse FTP and clear the credentials, the issue will be fixed. Or it least it was in my case.